AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   XJ / MJ Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   XJ Mods VSB 14 (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135528)

Wooders 24-09-2014 11:34 AM

So is breathing without a permit these days.

anthonygubbin 24-09-2014 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junglejuice (Post 1493853)
Just be aware that 31's are still too big legally....

I think in most states the inspectors will let you get away with 31s but no bigger.

Regards A

junglejuice 24-09-2014 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anthonygubbin (Post 1493866)
I think in most states the inspectors will let you get away with 31s but no bigger.

Regards A

I agree, you can get away with all sorts of things but if it's going through certification then technically it's not legal, I imagine that this process will be carried out by peolpe with more knowledge then the tax collectors in blue...

junglejuice 24-09-2014 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wooders (Post 1493860)
So is breathing without a permit these days.

Very true unfortunately....

Wooders 24-09-2014 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junglejuice (Post 1493886)
I agree, you can get away with all sorts of things but if it's going through certification then technically it's not legal, I imagine that this process will be carried out by peolpe with more knowledge then the tax collectors in blue...

Actually it is posdible to legally fit 31s if you are going through a certification process.

anthonygubbin 24-09-2014 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junglejuice (Post 1493886)

Guess it depends on the inspection station. Over here qualified mechs do the checks, some no doubt are more picky than others. I know Steve F in NSW got his engineer certification for rego and he had 31s on that the time. A friend over here fitted 31s and had his vehicle passed for rego after around five years without rego. Not sure how the WA system is but if its people that work for the State doing the inspection then he might have problems. :rolleyes: I've got to get mine ready for rego as I pushing my luck since arriving 18 months ago. But like the OP I have a lot of things to sort before my XJ will pass. I'm actually going to take it in for pre inspection at a registered inspection station once I think I have everything sorted. It would be a PITA if I change my licence and can't get Tassie rego on the XJ as it would be pretty hard to swap my licence back to SA.

Regards A

COFFMAN 24-09-2014 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anthonygubbin (Post 1493943)
Guess it depends on the inspection station. Over here qualified mechs do the checks, some no doubt are more picky than others. I know Steve F in NSW got his engineer certification for rego and he had 31s on that the time. A friend over here fitted 31s and had his vehicle passed for rego after around five years without rego. Not sure how the WA system is but if its people that work for the State doing the inspection then he might have problems. :rolleyes: I've got to get mine ready for rego as I pushing my luck since arriving 18 months ago. But like the OP I have a lot of things to sort before my XJ will pass. I'm actually going to take it in for pre inspection at a registered inspection station once I think I have everything sorted. It would be a PITA if I change my licence and can't get Tassie rego on the XJ as it would be pretty hard to swap my licence back to SA.

Regards A

:confused: It would be a PITA if I change my licence and can't get Tassie rego on the XJ as it would be pretty hard to swap my licence back to SA. :confused: