AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   JK Wrangler Australia (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Door Clunk-Rattle (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83732)

Big Unit 25-01-2009 10:14 AM

Door Clunk-Rattle

The doors on the Jeep were making a clunk noise, did the quick fix and used electrical tape. Clunk has gone.
Has anyone had an official fix done to this, like Jeep providing a different door latch or strike.
The Jeep is soon due for service so they could fix it then if there is a new design

JAG811 25-01-2009 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Unit (Post 934550)
The doors on the Jeep were making a clunk noise, did the quick fix and used electrical tape. Clunk has gone.
Has anyone had an official fix done to this, like Jeep providing a different door latch or strike.
The Jeep is soon due for service so they could fix it then if there is a new design

I had a rattle above my head (hard top bold rattled loose after they'd worker on it), and they told me it was the door checks, and once they'd put tape around it, it would go. :confused:
Assumed that was their fix ??? :wall:

It doesn't really bother me enough to complain ?? I drive like an 80yo ??

puck 25-01-2009 10:45 AM

I had mine in and they fixed the problem. There is a TSB for the problem.. They use some special grease.. Was fixed about 2 months ago.. has not come back yet.

JasperJ 25-01-2009 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puck (Post 934555)
I had mine in and they fixed the problem. There is a TSB for the problem.. They use some special grease.. Was fixed about 2 months ago.. has not come back yet.

Oh don't worry, it will. You get used to it.

puck 25-01-2009 11:09 AM

Yeah. I still have one that comes from the seat belt frame.. Have not been able to stop this one.. I am used to it now.

CrazyNuts 25-01-2009 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puck (Post 934560)
Yeah. I still have one that comes from the seat belt frame.. Have not been able to stop this one.. I am used to it now.

I get that one too. I think it's related to the seatbelt pre-tensioner system (seatbelt pulls occupant into the seat at impact (just before the airbag goes off).

At least I THINK that's the system the JK has.

Either way, it's related to the seatbelt.

wranglertj 25-01-2009 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puck (Post 934560)

i had this. Took off the cover and tightened the two bolts and that was the end of it.