AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   What did you do to your Grand today (ZJ/WJ)? (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123161)

warod 27-03-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fester (Post 1369031)
All my brackets and mounts/bash plates etc will have to be cut the old fashioned way now.

Aaaaah don't worry Fes....
5 inch angle grinder with a 1mm slitting disc mate.....can do anyfink !

fester 27-03-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warod (Post 1369053)
Aaaaah don't worry Fes....
5 inch angle grinder with a 1mm slitting disc mate.....can do anyfink !

Yes I know ANC that's the way I was taught but I was actually having fun on that machine just s shame it wasn't worth coming to work here for.

bodgie 28-03-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fester (Post 1369031)
All my brackets and mounts/bash plates etc will have to be cut the old fashioned way now.

If you have the CAD done you can always outsource to another cutter.

It never ceases to amaze me how bad bosses seem to survive. Hope you land a better gig soon, make sure he keeps paying you 'til you do.

Jason

fester 28-03-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bodgie (Post 1369457)
If you have the CAD done you can always outsource to another cutter.

It never ceases to amaze me how bad bosses seem to survive. Hope you land a better gig soon, make sure he keeps paying you 'til you do.

Jason

Yeah I've got all my CAD work and I made sure all along that none of my work got stored on his computers. At one point he wanted to use pics of my personal work on his Facebook page, and with his attitude to the staff I was never going to let that happen. Such a shame we forget to take pics before before any of the work was installed or mates took their cars away;). I've still got a contact with a waterjet not too far away that does me good prices if the old boss wants to start charging me a premium like he tries with everyone else.

drover 07-04-2013 03:03 PM

I have finally got the drain bung on my Auto Pan to undo, only taken me about 4 yrs or so, was trying an allen key but7 this time got out my hex socket set with long bar and got the bastard loose, I also gave the brake lines a flush now a nice blue/green colour instead of chocolate, 100,000k got a bit yucky on the way.
Next up power steering then might add an extra tranny cooler, slowly changing everything for it's 200,000k service, start the next 100,000k with all new stuff. Even put the vacuum cleaner thru it, now thats special.

eLwAd 09-04-2013 12:22 AM

Radiator let go last weekend.Replaced the radiator, fun times. Also found tranny cooler lines leaking, replaced them. Now all sweet, now i gotta get started on the front control arms, oh and the cruise control servo, oh and the PDM and lastly the fuel pump o-ring. One trip offroad makes it all worthwhile though:cool:

timbotrog 09-04-2013 10:38 PM

Got an email saying my new Carolina drive shaft, (single/double cardan), should be freighted out tonight our time.

It's been a 2WD beast for a few months now and I've gotten use to the front being so quiet, lol guess that's going to change.

Next in line will be some upper adjustable control arms to sort out the pinion angle.
I've been looking at the Iron Rock offroad units due to the bushes being rubber and interchangable for standard XJ bushes.
Any thoughts or should I go with the JKS units at more than double the price?