AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   What did you do to your Grand today (ZJ/WJ)? (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123161)

turbomart 23-04-2013 10:37 PM

Even some older cars some jobs are hard work, change a 60 series cruiser radiator takes about 2 hrs.
Transfer case seal takes nearly a day!

Elio_S 23-04-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbomart (Post 1376528)
Even some older cars some jobs are hard work, change a 60 series cruiser radiator takes about 2 hrs.
Transfer case seal takes nearly a day!

Really!?! My father in law has a 60 series. I've done the radiator on that twice now, and I can't remember spending that long on it. Having said that, that car hates me lol. Mind you, it has well over 500000 hard km's on it, and it's still going strong. I can't tell you how many times he's run it out of oil lol. Still, took me around 4 hours and a lot of swearing to get the radiator out of the GC yesterday. Even stripping down the front of the engine today was quicker than pulling the radiator out lol. Rocker covers were a bit of a bitch to get off too. Not looking forward to refitting them, especially the bolts at the back of the engine near the firewall

Turismo07 24-04-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timbotrog (Post 1376368)
It was $363 for the double/single cardan shaft, (double on the t/case and single on the diff), that's with the sealed spicer unis that cost $25 extra and I paid about $176 for express shipping, 3-5 days to Melbourne. That includes yokes, pinion seal, crush sleeve and grease tool for the double cardan. It was about 1.5hrs labour at Poly 4X4 to do the install.

Someone goofed and sent it Priority international freight instead which is 6-10days and about $36 cheaper.

I spoke to the people at Carolina and they were terribly sorry for the goof and are refunding me the difference in freight.

Considering I got quoted $580+ GST to rebuild one end of my rezeppa shaft, and alternatively it was going to cost about $200 for both CV joints freighted to me, but knowing they would fail again I decided to do it properly.

Thanks for that :). I figured it was about that much but wanted to find out for sure as I will prob need one soon so good to know what they're going for these days.

Unfortunately its a mod that is inevitable when you have a lifted WJ.

Numb Thumbs 24-04-2013 04:09 PM

I replaced my UHF antenna. The GME "Heavy Duty Raised Feed" base I had installed on the car from new in February snapped just below the top in a service station in Ouyen...

Once I got back from the Border Track trip (I had to use a 1 Watt handheld for the trip) I removed it and replaced it with an old raised feed base - a Benelec - that I have had for years and has not failed me.

The original install took two hours. The replacement took about 20 minutes because I knew the tricks and I could attach a wire to the coaxial cable to feed the new one back in.

Cheers
Numb Thumbs ;)

drover 24-04-2013 04:09 PM

The best 2 vehicles I have found to work on have been my old Series3 Landy and my current WG, well the ZG wasn't too bad either it's rad was removed in about 30 mins I was most impressed, bloody Ford AU 4lt was a pain to do timing belt as had to drop the sump to put everything back together, bloody pain big time that is, have to lift engine or drop sub frame.

Then again the F100 wasn't too bad, just climbed into the engine bay with tool box. lol not so nowadays though.
Try changing the clutch on a Brumby, 20 mins for the clutch rest of the day is spent pulling stuff off and putting back together.
If the injectors on my CRD need doing I think it may be an insurance job, aarrgghh.

Also you want parts try Rockauto.com or wholesalemopar.com , good prices and they get here quicker than Jeep can order them otherwise I'd give Wooders a call..

timbotrog 24-04-2013 05:02 PM

With the MJOC muster starting tomorrow, today the Grand got an oil change and filter, air filter, tyre rotate, checked the steering, suspension and driveline, checked the brakes for wear, (they need to be replaced in the next few months), checked the cooling system and wired up my Waeco power outlet with some 6ag cable.

The wiring is a temporary measure until the anderson plug replacement pins arrive so I can do it permanently.

Cherokee30D 24-04-2013 07:44 PM

Hey timbotrog, what is the MJOC muster all about?

Cheers, Craig