AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   JK Wrangler Australia (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   I bought an Amarok (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158816)

humdingerslammer 08-01-2021 04:39 PM

I bought an Amarok

Just thought i would tell you that my missus said (after years of not saying) that I could buy an Amarok. So I did. I bought an Amarok. Keeping the JKU though...for now.... so I can do a few more trips in it.

Fishframe 09-01-2021 10:46 AM

The Amaroks are great. But then again, they should be being based on the Ford Ranger which is one of the best in class.

A mate of mine, a car financier, purchased a Ranger after many years of getting a new Hilux every 18 months. He loves it.

humdingerslammer 09-01-2021 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishframe (Post 1668652)
The Amaroks are great. But then again, they should be being based on the Ford Ranger which is one of the best in class.

A mate of mine, a car financier, purchased a Ranger after many years of getting a new Hilux every 18 months. He loves it.

I have never heard this.... the drive train and engine is from Porsche Macan and the Audi. I thought of a Ranger but heard too many horror stories re fuel pump failure and blown engines and $20K + repair bills. Oh well, I am sure that i will find the issues with the Amarok. Its quite a beast for power

Kiwi Jeeper 09-01-2021 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishframe (Post 1668652)

Ford and VW agreement for joint development is for the next generation (around 2022). Currently they are competitors and completely different. The only thing people complain about Amaroks is the lack of a true low range transfer case. Low range is software controlled through transmission magic at the moment.

Fishframe 09-01-2021 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi Jeeper (Post 1668662)
Ford and VW agreement for joint development is for the next generation (around 2022). Currently they are competitors and completely different. The only thing people complain about Amaroks is the lack of a true low range transfer case. Low range is software controlled through transmission magic at the moment.

Indeed I was wrong ! Next I’ll be alleging that Ferraris are made by Mahindra ......l

Charly 17-01-2021 06:27 AM

Aren’t the wheel mounts really stupid on the Amaroks though as the whole bolt comes out and you have to line up the holes making it far more difficult if you’re changing a flat in the mud or sand etc??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banshee 17-01-2021 01:09 PM

You mean the wheel studs? I had a Mazda like that, or maybe the Chrysler?

With the hub supported wheels we have, it can make it easier! Just get the wheel onto the hub mounting then rotate to line the holes up, rather than the usual finagling the wheel to get it lined up with all 5 studs, then pushing it onto the hub.