AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   JK Wrangler Australia (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   JK diesel on LPG (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77933)

landdog 05-06-2008 08:06 PM

JK diesel on LPG

Hi I am thinking of installing LPG gas injection system on my JK Diesel to try and get more power and better ecomony has anyone done this and what are the results. Cheers Craig

drewinmanx 05-06-2008 09:44 PM

Love someone to do it!! Think ONCE they've got it sorted it'd be goooood!!!

How long to sort would be the interesting part.

Now chipping and lpg now that'd be a hoot!!!!!

robbo1959 06-06-2008 06:28 AM

Check out www.dieselgas.com it's a Queensland company that have fitting stations around Australia.

I have looked into it, but fitting it is the big question as the tank is an oval shape and fit's over on the left side of the JK which means it hangs lower than the fuel tank.

It is only a 20 litre tank.

The cost is around $3500.00 plus.

They just put together a merc truck v6 12 litre diesel that runs on straight lpg

I was reading in the paper just this week.

So some people are looking at other ways of fueling diesel cars and trucks.

tomahawkracefab 06-06-2008 10:10 AM

diesel / gas not what it's cracked up to be....good chance your warranty will be voided....this 'fad' has come and gone in the states with diesel pickups...cleaner emissions is questionable...less particulates but a hotter cylinder burn ( where the extra power comes from ) results in increased NOx
emissions...amazing how many diesel/gas fitters have popped out of woodwork since gas kit rebate come about...give it a bit longer and it'll be franchised everywhere

johno71 06-06-2008 11:02 AM

I'm booked in with D-Gas. I'll let you know how it goes but I want to clock up some kms first. With $3000 rebate in wa why not. There are 2 types- LPG is administed before turbo, the other after the turbo into the inlet manifold. At the end of my research I was left with 2 choices Dieselgas Australia or D-Gas. Check it out for yourself, see what you think.

davidd 06-06-2008 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robbo1959 (Post 863760)
Check out www.dieselgas.com it's a Queensland company that have fitting stations around Australia.

I have looked into it, but fitting it is the big question as the tank is an oval shape and fit's over on the left side of the JK which means it hangs lower than the fuel tank.

It is only a 20 litre tank.

The cost is around $3500.00 plus.

They just put together a merc truck v6 12 litre diesel that runs on straight lpg

I was reading in the paper just this week.

So some people are looking at other ways of fueling diesel cars and trucks.

robbo where did you get this from, awesome concept. i enquired about this
within the last 12 months and was told it was only a small amount of gas injected into the cylinder with the diesel to boost the power output. the only savings came from the use of cheaper gas and no other benefit. also that gas could not be used on it's own to run a dieasel. this from guys here in perth designing, supplying and fitting them. would love to find out about it as the cost savings would be enormous and i would be first in line if they become available. cheap motoring again. yes yes yes.

robbo1959 06-06-2008 05:03 PM

It's the world's first heavy truck powered entirely by LPG and it was unveiled at the Inter-national Truck and Trailer show in Melbourne.

The 2656 FPC envirotech uses patented technolgy to re-engineer a Mercedes-Benz Actros 12 litre V6 diesel prime mover to run on 100% per cent LPG.

They state more power,quieter running and up to a 10% per cent reduction in fleet operating costs.

They don't say if they can do one for people like us,but it would be great if that's the way you would like to go.