-   XJ / MJ Cherokee (
-   -   XJ indicator issues (

TerryTC 03-02-2018 07:51 PM

XJ indicator issues

Hi all. Recently bought a 99 xj sport. There is a rather major issue with the indicators in that they dont really work and when they do its only for a second or so. I have taken a video to show the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Richard buttocks 03-02-2018 11:18 PM

Do hazard lights work?
Probably flasher can though

TerryTC 03-02-2018 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Richard buttocks (Post 1628702)
Do hazard lights work?
Probably flasher can though

Yes the hazards are still operational.

jaffazoom 05-02-2018 09:26 AM

looks like the flashers and hazards share same flasher can going by the wiring diagram.
The flasher can does have 2 outputs though, one for hazards one for flashers.
If it's a bad connection in the combination switch try working the hazard switch off on a few times and see if that helps if not your probably up for a flasher can. I haven't looked at mine but the wiring diagram shows its a 5 pin so not your old school type.

Mace1 06-02-2018 08:17 AM

Common problem

Buy one of these. Replaced mine 12 months ago. Brought of ebay as hard to source locally for a realistic price.

The relay is behind the plastic and then metal panels beneath steering column, on the right. The original relay will be bright green.