AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Jeep Chat (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   I'm getting really Pissed Off with Jeep (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131973)

Jeepski7 21-03-2014 10:46 PM

I'm getting really Pissed Off with Jeep

I'm really pissed off with Jeep Australia and AAMI
Not Parts!
I love my new Grand Cherokee 2014 Laredo CRD with Quadra lift Air suspension but miss it terribly. My 1st trip into the country in Kosciusko National park my two month old Jeep was struck by a falling gum tree while travelling on sealed road.
This was the 3rd of January 2014. Now 10 weeks later I am still waiting for roof parts because there are none in Australia. Today I was told that Jeep Australia ordered the wrong roof parts and I may have to wait another 5 weeks. That will be 15 weeks waiting for panel parts for the roof.
I cannot understand why a four wheel drive vehicle company does not carry spare roof parts in Australia and why does it take so long to get them.
Getting pretty pissed off.
$16,000 for the roof replacement and once the parts are received it is estimated repair will take another 5 weeks.
So my Jeep story is this.
Ordered 2014-model 10 April 2013
Delivered 6 month later 28 October 2013
2 months use
1st country trip a tree fell on roof 3rd Jan 2014
11 weeks waiting for parts to date 21/03/2014
Still waiting and may be another 10 weeks until I get it back.
Total time will be 21 weeks for a roof repair.
Who wants a Jeep with no spare parts in Australia?
Insured with AAMI. – No loan car or assistance.
Thanks for listening to my bitching.
Cheers
Jeepski7

trblmkr 21-03-2014 10:53 PM

I waited 3 months for a new A pillar and sil trim for my 6 month old BMW.

I feel your pain.
Its the frustration at being helpless to do any thing to speed it up that is the real killer.

NTRubicon 21-03-2014 11:13 PM

Everyone was OK after that tree fell on your Jeep though right? There is some good that has come of it. Occupants of a vehicle are hard to replace, so your roof did its job admirably.

I'm sorry to hear you have so much trouble with parts. We all, as a collective just need more people to buy Jeeps, so there are more parts around for us to use.

xdefender 22-03-2014 06:25 AM

I waited 2 months for a ring pinion for a hilux that was under warranty. Then longer still for a gear box rebuild on the same car. They did give me a camry in the mean time but still a big pain. I it made sell it out of fustration in the end.

fwdjeep 22-03-2014 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeepski7 (Post 1456160)
I'm really pissed off with Jeep Australia and AAMI
Not Parts!
I love my new Grand Cherokee 2014 Laredo CRD with Quadra lift Air suspension but miss it terribly. My 1st trip into the country in Kosciusko National park my two month old Jeep was struck by a falling gum tree while travelling on sealed road.
This was the 3rd of January 2014. Now 10 weeks later I am still waiting for roof parts because there are none in Australia. Today I was told that Jeep Australia ordered the wrong roof parts and I may have to wait another 5 weeks. That will be 15 weeks waiting for panel parts for the roof.
I cannot understand why a four wheel drive vehicle company does not carry spare roof parts in Australia and why does it take so long to get them.
Getting pretty pissed off.
$16,000 for the roof replacement and once the parts are received it is estimated repair will take another 5 weeks.
So my Jeep story is this.
Ordered 2014-model 10 April 2013
Delivered 6 month later 28 October 2013
2 months use
1st country trip a tree fell on roof 3rd Jan 2014
11 weeks waiting for parts to date 21/03/2014
Still waiting and may be another 10 weeks until I get it back.
Total time will be 21 weeks for a roof repair.
Who wants a Jeep with no spare parts in Australia?
Insured with AAMI. – No loan car or assistance.
Thanks for listening to my bitching.
Cheers
Jeepski7

I think i would ather a new rplacement vehicle than a repaired new car
Best of luck

scarps 22-03-2014 04:34 PM

I'm getting really Pissed Off with Jeep

Man, that's bad luck, I drive off road a fair but in the Vic high country and never had a tree fall on me.
You drive on the highway and get hit. Not sure what you've done, but Karma has bitten you on the ##rse.
Hope the rest of your Jeep experience gets better from here.

xdefender 22-03-2014 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scarps (Post 1456305)
Not sure what you've done, but Karma has bitten you on the ##rse.
Hope the rest of your Jeep experience gets better from here.

Maybe if the tree didn't fall on his jeep. He may of gone on to have a bigger accident. So this could be a protetion and not a punishment?