AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   WK WK2 Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=284)
-   -   Adventure pack option (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152490)

crdv6 31-03-2018 10:22 AM

Adventure pack option

I'm looking at 2nd hand WK's and wondering what the adventure package is worth over a standard model without? I've seen a Laredo 6 mths old with 7000k on the clock for $56k also has a sunroof.

SJetc 31-03-2018 01:26 PM

We optioned our Overland back in 2013 with the 'Off-road Adventure Pack' - it was the only option available for the Overland. All it was, was skid plates and changed the tyres from 20" to 18". Cost of the option was $600.

Treebreakerbob 31-03-2018 02:11 PM

When I ordered mine in 2012 on a Laredo you have to have optioned the air suspension as they would not supply the AP without it. You get Elsd (Quadra drive) which is a bigger diff, skid plates, supposedly lower gearing but that didn't happen as all Aus models after 2011 had the tow pack and more aggressive tyres, that also didn't happen. Was good value for $1500

I think some dealers are offering some other things other than the AP11 has and calling it just Adventure Pack

What the difference is now I don't know but Overland had all that as standard

Bob

Chuck2 01-04-2018 09:33 PM

As a guide I just bought a new diesel MY17 with adventure pack, sunroof, leather, sat nav, tint, towbar, rubber mats all round & BFG KO2 in 275 65 18 for approximately $6000 more than that.

If your price includes stamp duty probably OK.

Very happy with mine - except for the tow bar recall.

Cheers

Chuck

crdv6 06-04-2018 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck2 (Post 1631571)
As a guide I just bought a new diesel MY17 with adventure pack, sunroof, leather, sat nav, tint, towbar, rubber mats all round & BFG KO2 in 275 65 18 for approximately $6000 more than that.

If your price includes stamp duty probably OK.

Very happy with mine - except for the tow bar recall.

Cheers

Chuck

Does your car have the air suspension, and if so are you happy with it?
I took the one I was considering for a drive today, it was great.
Got them down to $55 with sat Nav included, but they won't go any lower.

Benn0 07-04-2018 10:15 AM

I'm happy with the air suspension, it can clunk around a bit offroad and over speed bumps, but it is convenient having that extra lift when you need it. With the bigger tyres I get 290mm of clearance at highest setting.

Chuck2 07-04-2018 11:17 AM

Yes mine has the full adventure group package including air suspension, underbody protection, rear locking diff, & up graded 4x4 system.

Was originally going to buy same car with out off road adventure group but rethought decision.

Very happy with it.

Came from a SDV6 SE Discovery 4 so used to air suspension.

My only criticism would be the jeep air suspension does not have the same amount of flex as the Discovery.

But given that I could buy two jeeps for the same price as a similar spec discovery again very happy.