AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   Rock Crawling (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   I just bought a piece of Rockcrawling history: The buggy called Tiny... (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73378)

bilt4mud 11-12-2007 08:51 AM

I just bought a piece of Rockcrawling history: The buggy called Tiny...

3 Attachment(s)
I saw it on for sale at Pirate4x4 and contacted the guy.

For those who are not familiar, this is the buggy that started it all and to date it is the buggy that has won the most rockcrawling comps.

Here is a pic of it.

b4m

kyro 11-12-2007 01:17 PM

nice score mate

MR EXTREME JEEP 11-12-2007 01:29 PM

Surely you could have built one yourself. Unless it was a real good price or you want it for the memorabilia aspect. Either way AWSOME DUDE!:mrgreen:

bilt4mud 11-12-2007 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR EXTREME JEEP (Post 807874)
Surely you could have built one yourself. Unless it was a real good price or you want it for the memorabilia aspect. Either way AWSOME DUDE!:mrgreen:

For me I always like to buy something unique, and being the first ever buggy of its type it is really just that.

The price, really good in my opinion, half the price if you built one now and also lots of spares and 2 extra new sets of Red Label (competition) 39" Krawlers.

I haven't told the wife yet. Not planning to either.

And yeah, I am also building a buggy right now but a two seater (4 wheel steer, mid/rear engine turbo diesel, twin transfercase, auto box) built to haul and crawl.

b4m

GM JEEP 11-12-2007 02:31 PM

was it tiny that had either a vw engine or suburu engine?.Also what diffs are in this bad boy?

bilt4mud 11-12-2007 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GM JEEP (Post 807892)
was it tiny that had either a vw engine or suburu engine?.Also what diffs are in this bad boy?

yup, it has a Fat Performance VW racing engine that runs of 110 octane race fuel. I heard it's about USD30,000 just to buy the engine new. It's made for the Baja1000 Desert Racing.

It's got Currie special offset diffs, and get this... 35 spline shafts made from 300M material (that's material used for CTM joints). Jason Scherer who raced it for 3 years never broke any axles.

It's a super lightweight machine, so it doesn't need 40 spline axles or D60's.

Can't wait to wheel it.

b4m

GM JEEP 11-12-2007 03:45 PM

yeah i have got desert specialties full floater kit with 35 spline 300m axles time will tell to see if they are going to break.when do you expect delivery?