AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   What did you do to your WH/XH today? (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64461)

Jeeptheone 16-02-2007 07:34 AM

ARB Southside has stated that the kit wont be on the shelves until after April. I asked them about performance testing, results of the test vehicle but no answer was forthcoming?

Most of the 4x4 mobs will use King Springs for the source of the coils so I have gone directly to a rep reccomended by them. Front strut will always be an issue until its available.

JTO

jammy jeep 19-02-2007 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfred
I went to ARB yesterday to check what they could do for the XH and they said "No, they cannot do anything for the XH it has not been tested"

The underside of the XH is exactly the same as the WH - if it fits the WH it will fit the XH. So, just tell them to do what you want and to stop arguing :-)

Jeeptheone 20-02-2007 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jammy jeep
just the springs, still have original shocks. Apparently, not too many types of aftermarket shocks around that suited when we put the springs in. But will be changing the shocks as well, once I find something I like.

Been in contact with Ray at 4WD1 regarding Rancho replacements for the rear. Should be in around mid March at $165 each. I have my order in for them. As you can see I need more front articulation from the pic.

JTO

CRDSTU 21-02-2007 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeptheone
Been in contact with Ray at 4WD1 regarding Rancho replacements for the rear. Should be in around mid March at $165 each. I have my order in for them. As you can see I need more front articulation from the pic.

JTO

Mark, i've got to get you over here one Saturday or Sunday after lunch to start playing around with your rear wheel travel. There's a little testing spot ive got up the road. We need to unbolt the rear shocks and have a play, take some measurements of extention and compression.

Jeeptheone 21-02-2007 05:46 PM

Stu,

Would probably be Sunday but need to see what the wife has planned this weekend.

JTO

CRDSTU 21-02-2007 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeptheone
Stu,

Would probably be Sunday but need to see what the wife has planned this weekend.

JTO

You let me know what w'end your avail & i'll be here.

jenkomagic 22-02-2007 06:49 AM

Jammy you're missing the point here, I would like to see that email. Believe me there is no manufacture world wide that has made a frount strut yet for the WH-K Grand. JTO and I have been onto this for about 18months. ARB are close but not ready yet , same with Rancho in the USA.
You can get any suspension place fit up some rear shocks, i'm running a set of bilstiens with 60mm lifted king springs. But, as of the 22/02/06 there are no frount struts avalible.