AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   WK WK2 Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=284)
-   -   8 speed transmission changes (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161847)

genpk 01-11-2023 05:07 AM

8 speed transmission changes

Have an interesting issue with my 2015 gc diesel.
Every now and then i get a momentary drop in revs, almost like a flat spot in between a change of gears , just for a second or so.
Only happens odd times and sometimes between 2nd to 3rd, other times 4th to 5th and when the engine is at low revs.
When driving it a little harder the changes are all smooth and fine.
Had the trans pan and oil changed about 6 months ago.
As said, only does it every now and then- very strange

drover 01-11-2023 11:22 AM

I would firstly be checking the fluid level in the box...

LeCheese 01-11-2023 11:45 AM

Funny, I think that sounds pretty similar to what mine does occasionally - also had the fluid and filter done 6-12mo ago... Likewise, seems to be no real pattern to it, only happening every now and then

genpk 01-11-2023 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeCheese (Post 1694189)
Funny, I think that sounds pretty similar to what mine does occasionally - also had the fluid and filter done 6-12mo ago... Likewise, seems to be no real pattern to it, only happening every now and then

Yep, drove it today, drove perfectly !!
Its a bit strange, depends on the day.
It can drive it for a week and fine then does it for a moment then perfect !!

vijith555 01-11-2023 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by genpk (Post 1694184)
Have an interesting issue with my 2015 gc diesel.
Every now and then i get a momentary drop in revs, almost like a flat spot in between a change of gears , just for a second or so.
Only happens odd times and sometimes between 2nd to 3rd, other times 4th to 5th and when the engine is at low revs.
When driving it a little harder the changes are all smooth and fine.
Had the trans pan and oil changed about 6 months ago.
As said, only does it every now and then- very strange

I have not experienced this yet on my diesel. Possibly it is shifting up quicker making you feel that way? I know these things shift up so many gears in very low speed to be economical if you are not putting your foot down. And again even with the foot down it does not hold gears like the petrol versions just lets the torque push the car keeping revs low. But you probably know all this already just my thoughts :)