AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   WK WK2 Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=284)
-   -   iPod not staying connected when car turned off (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152657)

2bad4u 19-04-2018 06:54 PM

iPod not staying connected when car turned off

Every car I have had with USB/iPod connection, you can leave your iPod in the car and it will remain connected and start playing every time you get back in the car. With the new Jeep I have to disconnect and reconnect the usb cable before the iPod is recognised each time the car is turned off.

There are no issues with the iPod as it just came out of our old car last night and into the Jeep, so it is either a uConnect issue or something to do with the USBs.

The iPod is plugged into one of the USBs under the aircond controls. Any suggestions?

Phoenie77 19-04-2018 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2bad4u (Post 1632382)
Every car I have had with USB/iPod connection, you can leave your iPod in the car and it will remain connected and start playing every time you get back in the car. With the new Jeep I have to disconnect and reconnect the usb cable before the iPod is recognised each time the car is turned off.

There are no issues with the iPod as it just came out of our old car last night and into the Jeep, so it is either a uConnect issue or something to do with the USBs.

The iPod is plugged into one of the USBs under the aircond controls. Any suggestions?

I have this issue with my MY18 but never had the problem with the MY14, same iPod which is all up to date albeit a bit old now. I have tried a newer iPod though and have the same problem. I ask the dealer to check, not surprisingly they blamed the iPod.

When it does connect it will start playing the last song but it takes ages for the browse option to be available so you can’t select anything else apart from paying the current song until it have fully connected.

Simple stuff, bloody annoying though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2bad4u 19-04-2018 07:59 PM

Yeah mines a 2018 and you would think this was something so basic that how could they stuff it up. Might just have to bluetooth music from the phone instead.

Phoenie77 19-04-2018 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2bad4u (Post 1632390)
Yeah mines a 2018 and you would think this was something so basic that how could they stuff it up. Might just have to bluetooth music from the phone instead.

If I didn’t have all my music on iTunes, I would use my android phone as it works perfectly on Android auto

timsarg 20-04-2018 10:11 AM

it's an apple device, apple is the devil

Phoenie77 20-04-2018 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timsarg (Post 1632422)
it's an apple device, apple is the devil

I am in the process of moving everything from my Mac to a Synology NAS (an IT guy I knew let me down!!) so will be looking to ditch the IOS stuff potentially in the future, but for now all my music is on iTunes and iPod works (sort of)

Annoyingly it actually connects on its own every now and then so i know it can work

Joe98 20-04-2018 03:04 PM

You need to experiment:

With the power off: Plug in your device and see if it charges.

Turn the power on and see if it still charging.

Turn the power off and see if it is still charging

Turn the power on and see if it is still charging.

By sheer coincidence I found a Youtube video last night where a person complained: My phone is charging. I stop the vehicle and go into a store. When I return I find the charging has stopped!

It might be that with the power off the phone does not charge.