AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hot Topic of week (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=252)
-   -   What sort of Moderation is wanted on AJOR? (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134115)

layback40 04-07-2014 10:51 PM

What sort of Moderation is wanted on AJOR?

At the fear of being banned for suggesting to a mod that its probably better to initially send a member a diplomatic PM when they havent used a template, I thought it maybe a good idea to let others say what they think.
I hope Jimmyb will give us all immunity for providing candid opinion on this on this thread.
I would have thought that diplomacy is far more important than gestapo behavior by a mod.
What does everyone think?

anthonygubbin 04-07-2014 10:58 PM

Totally agree LB, I personally don't like the use of autocratic management on any level, we have it at work and us solders are about to form a rebel army.... It seems we are now getting a bit of that here too.

Regards A

SeaComms 04-07-2014 11:31 PM

The new templates are not much use any way in my opinion.

Since they can not be completed (or even viewed for that matter) from Tapatalk, which a lot of people seem to use based on many signatures, I dont think they are a good idea at all anyway.

I have actually given up looking at for sale threads from my phone since I cant see any information anyway. Since that is prob 90% of my AJOR viewing experience that makes them pretty useless to me.

Oh and yes, I am all for private reminders as opposed to public shoot down. Had to much of that from Eddie....

Sent from a tiny keyboard with fat fingers, apologies for my spelling. .

AroGantz 04-07-2014 11:47 PM

I am a mod on another forum and I'll give you the big tip layback..... fk democracy, the absolute worst thing I ever did was suggest that all members should have input because you never get agreement and you will get a lot more ideas thrown at you than you can handle, and of course then people get snotty when their idea is not put in place. The way I see it is JB and the mods have been doing a fine job running this place and it should stay that way. As far as people not using templates it has always been clearly stated to use the template and to not post offers in threads so stick with how JB does it and just delete the post.

layback40 04-07-2014 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AroGantz (Post 1478479)
I am a mod on another forum and I'll give you the big tip layback..... fk democracy, the absolute worst thing I ever did was suggest that all members should have input because you never get agreement and you will get a lot more ideas thrown at you than you can handle, and of course then people get snotty when their idea is not put in place. The way I see it is JB and the mods have been doing a fine job running this place and it should stay that way. As far as people not using templates it has always been clearly stated to use the template and to not post offers in threads so stick with how JB does it and just delete the post.

Interesting comments Agro, I to am a mod in another place & an admin on a couple of facebook groups, one with several thousand members. Dont have the problems you speak of. I find that a simple private message fixes things & generates good feelings. Repeat offenders is a different story. I guess it has a lot to do with the demographics of members & mods. Maybe a lot to do with ones life experiences.
Thanks for the comments.

AroGantz 05-07-2014 12:40 AM

I am certainly a fan of the discrete PM but that bit me on the butt once so now I take a more hardline approach.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

kj69 05-07-2014 08:26 AM

From a mods point of view, i take the time to go through the threads to try to make sure everyone is playing fair , the template allows me to quickly see this rather than stop and closely read and pluck out if all the bits of info are there , although i usually do that anyway and if the info that is required is there im happy , so if the person posting the thread cant be bothered in following the rules set out at the top of the page which warns them that the thread will be deleted if the rules are not followed , not to mention the automatic generation of the template . as well as looking at All the other threads/posts ALL in the same format .
Then to expect a special warm and fuzzy pm reminder because you think you are different ?
I dont think so.
Then to have the pm ignored because they are too "busy " to reply , or perhaps they dont give a rats ? so now i have to go back and check to see if they have edited the original post and just not replied to my warm and fuzzy pm.
really ?