AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   Safety Recall N23 for WH anyone had it done yet? (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128329)

Tardis 27-09-2013 07:30 PM

Safety Recall N23 for WH anyone had it done yet?

Has anyone had the update done yet?and if everything went well.just wondering because there seems to be a fair bit of pros and cons on the Jeep Forum in the USA.

Cherokee30D 27-09-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tardis (Post 1416487)
Has anyone had the update done yet?and if everything went well.just wondering because there seems to be a fair bit of pros and cons on the Jeep Forum in the USA.

Hi Tardis, had mine done a couple of weeks ago. Have read the US forums as well. First thing I did was check 4low to make sure that no strange messages appeared on the dash.

So far so good.

BTW : only took about 15mins.

Cheers, Craig

Tardis 27-09-2013 09:24 PM

Thanks Craig,i'll get mine done after Camp Coffs,just need to ring Stu to see if i need to remove GDE tune first.

Cherokee30D 27-09-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tardis (Post 1416521)
Thanks Craig,i'll get mine done after Camp Coffs,just need to ring Stu to see if i need to remove GDE tune first.

No worries mate.
The N23 recall does not effect the GDE Tune. I have the tune on mine and no problems.
I did check with the guys at Jeep prior to having it done. They reassured me that it would have no impact on the tune.

Cheers, Craig

valpacer 28-09-2013 08:50 AM

I had mine done around 2-3 months ago, first on that Northstar did, no issues yet.

hills46 28-09-2013 07:54 PM

I had mine serviced a few weeks ago. Have just checked and I now have the symptoms as described in other forums. I.e. instant service 4wd message which clears if the ignition is turned off and will not engage low range. Will be taking it up with the dealer first thing next week and report back.

Doc 30-09-2013 12:18 AM

Just had it done last week
Been having service 4wd problems for months nothing left to replace
The transfer case had the wrong fluid in it put the right fluid in it just drove it to Melbourne hasn't thrown a service 4wd on the evic screen
butt did throw the usuall 0652 code twice have given up on that one just waiting for whatever it is to die can't justify taking guesses dealership had no idea