AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   Chrysler recalls 2006 to 2010 Commanders (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125160)

GO'ARD 17-06-2013 02:31 PM

thought you might like that one wanderer
I think I might have them on the back foot a bit thanks to your info yet again saving my hyde
could be heresay but the service manager rekons he spoke to a mate in US while I was there and apprently he told him
that one of the mechanics working on this fault thought he had fixed the problem on one commander
no problems for 2 months so thought he would test it out by crossing a 4 lane hyway he only got across 3 lanes before neutral and was struck by a truck and causing him to spend a considerable time in hospital
I think this might be the reason the US Gov has forced the recall

hope Jeep Aus pulls there finger out and does the right thing by all owners affected asap
atm I have parked my commander up until this issue is fixed cause I cannot and will not allow my wife to be put in danger like this let alone anyone else

Wanderer 17-06-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GO'ARD (Post 1390674)
hope Jeep Aus pulls there finger out and does the right thing by all owners affected asap
atm I have parked my commander up until this issue is fixed cause I cannot and will not allow my wife to be put in danger like this let alone anyone else

Hmmm...Just maybe a letter to The OFT.. or The ACCC

Give them hell ..There needs to be a Gov actioned recall here rather than the US...It's a (life threateninig) safety isuue should get them acting pronto before someone is killed or beaten to a pulp by a "pissed off" truckie...Hate to have it happen passing a B-Double roadtrain on some outback dirt road...That would make you check your undies

Quote:

OFT

Bought faulty goods? Paid for something that never arrived? As a consumer, you have a right to complain, something that the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) can help conciliate

ACC

The ACCC offers advice to consumers about how to resolve problems or make a complaint

Maxfli113 18-06-2013 08:26 PM

I received my letter from Fiat Chrysler the other day and it just happened that I had my commander booked in at Jeep for them to run their scan tool over it for a car alarm issue, no biggy. Tested all good with no faults.
When I handed over the letter to guy at the desk he said that he didn't know anything about this and it was the first time he had seen the letter and had even heard that there was any type of recall....
So he asked to take a copy, all good, so I ask are they going to do the upgrade/fix or whatever and he says they haven't released anything from the states to do any upgrade or change, so please be patient and wait for the next letter due in July :mad:

Wanderer 19-06-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxfli113 (Post 1391136)
When I handed over the letter to guy at the desk he said that he didn't know anything about this and it was the first time he had seen the letter and had even heard that there was any type of recall....

Like I said ..."Goes to show you that the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing at Jeep Australia"..seems the dealers are in the dark as well...or is this the "Third Hand"

multihull 25-06-2013 08:58 PM

I rang my Jeep Dealer today, Leo Muller Albion (Brisbane) and was told yes they have details of my cars recall on their system and that it requires a software update but this update has not been sent to them as yet and said that Fiat/Jeep will more than likely send me another letter once the upgrade is available.

Wanderer 26-06-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by multihull (Post 1392989)
I rang my Jeep Dealer today, Leo Muller Albion (Brisbane) and was told yes they have details of my cars recall on their system and that it requires a software update but this update has not been sent to them as yet and said that Fiat/Jeep will more than likely send me another letter once the upgrade is available.

Bod Muller...Know him well..Where I buy all my Jeeps but dodge the free Jeep tattoo..Be there after my trip around the Gulf (heading out this Friday) to order my new MY14 WK2 CRD Ltd

Wanderer 09-09-2013 05:57 PM

At last got my letter today Safety Recall N23