AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   Chrysler recalls 2006 to 2010 Commanders (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125160)

Fud 14-10-2013 04:19 PM

Thanks for the word of warning Multihull, I was planning to book it in this weekend but I might hold off for a bit now. Please let us know the outcome.

Wanderer 14-10-2013 05:24 PM

Me too..I don't have an issue with the old firmware after 183,000km....I'll hold off as well.... Remember Alfre E Neuman "If it ain't broke don't fix it"...Might just leave it to the next owner to decide.
Mine is for sale......Off to buy a MY14 WK2 CRD Ltd....Well at least order one anyway....Mate ordered his about a month ago and has just been told it's on the warf at Baltimore...Now the top selling SUV here so can expect a wait I guess exspecially with the Offroad Adventure Pack.

multihull 17-10-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by multihull (Post 1420477)
I had my transfer case recall done Thursday week ago and now I'm having issues with a warning on the Dash. "Service 4WD system" I've checked my diff and transfer oils and all is OK. I notice today that i can here the transfer case motor shifting when I start to drive forward and I can feel the car do a strange hop as I turn out of my drive. I thought this was the ABS wheel speed sensors but found these all to be OK and it's actually the transfer case trying to lock. Similar to when you go to low range. And the engine is not shifting gears until a far higher rev range. Like its in low range.
I have now check out the feed back on the USA jeepcommander.com forum and there's a hole heap of issues this recall has caused.
http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/...er+case+recall
Don't get the recall done unless your ready for the problems.

I'm phoning them tomorrow and asking if they can remove the recall flash to my transfer case. If they don't it's off to court. I'm pissed off!

They won't reverse the recall flash because it was done as part of a safety issue. Now my car is unsafe because it goes into low range for no reason. Today it jumped into low when I was doing about 20 kph.

Now it looks like I'm about to start a shit fight with the local Jeep Dealership and Jeep Australia. I hope it doesn't come to this and and logic & sensibility prevail.
Stand by for more updates!

08crd 17-10-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by multihull (Post 1421284)
They won't reverse the recall flash because it was done as part of a safety issue. Now my car is unsafe because it goes into low range for no reason. Today it jumped into low when I was doing about 20 kph.

Now it looks like I'm about to start a shit fight with the local Jeep Dealership and Jeep Australia. I hope it doesn't come to this and and logic & sensibility prevail.

They probably can't roll back the update, possibly have to install the original file and then apply all the updates prior to the last one.
I had it installed two weeks ago, and crossed fingers nothing has happened since.
I engaged 4low the other day and then disengaged no problems, hope it stays that way.

Clarky 17-10-2013 09:17 PM

If I had to guess I would say the TCM or the Shifter, some in the US have had to have the shifter replaced after the flash.

The Transmission Control Module may not have taken the flash correctly or the shifter has the crack the flash was designed to protect from.

Still it should have been picked up at the time of the recall when they checked their workmanship & correct operation of the T/C :confused:

Wanderer 18-10-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by multihull (Post 1421284)

Multihull..You might try a bloke I know at Queensland Chrysler/Jeep HQ Brisbane....I've been across the Simpson with him ....Not sure of his title there now (think he's just been promoted)....A good bloke & may be able to get something sorted for you...PM me and I'll give you his details.

Glad I'm slack and haven't booked mine in yet and won't

08crd 18-10-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarky (Post 1421342)
If I had to guess I would say the TCM or the Shifter, some in the US have had to have the shifter replaced after the flash.

The Transmission Control Module may not have taken the flash correctly or the shifter has the crack the flash was designed to protect from.

Still it should have been picked up at the time of the recall when they checked their workmanship & correct operation of the T/C :confused:

That makes sense, if there was a problem with the flash coding, the problem would have shown up on all the cars that were flashed.