AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   XJ / MJ Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   What did you do to your XJ today? 1M Views (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70769)

anthonygubbin 24-01-2012 05:34 PM

Have run the ground for the amp directly to the batt this arvo. Only prob I needed an extra 300mm of cable than I bought :( it reaches but I want to tuck the cable away; there is too many cables under my bonnet since I began doing mods and adding accessories. Looks like the soldering iron is gonna get another workout tomorrow. I am not a fan of joins but since I have 10 or more already what's another one.....:rolleyes:

Regards A

junglejuice 24-01-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anthonygubbin (Post 1256286)
Sure is I have like 15 things coming off the batteries LOL. I could use a dist block but that would only alleviate about three cables. The RAA said once, when I was getting the battery load tested; "it's not like you have a lot running off them"!
Hopefully though this will be the last fused line, BTW wouldn't you know Autopro were out of the two things I needed, one being 12awg blade fuse line and two, 6mm yellow ring terminals. I settled for some 8bs cable to connect yet another thing to the battery that being my amp ground. Which consquently I just tried to run the line before letting the engine bay cool down. Lets just say that lasted all of five minutes.

Regards A

What the hell do you have running off your battery???? I have 4 extras running off of mine and I am running a brake controller, headlight loom, thermo fans, dual batteries, cb etc.....

anthonygubbin 24-01-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junglejuice (Post 1256369)
What the hell do you have running off your battery???? I have 4 extras running off of mine and I am running a brake controller, headlight loom, thermo fans, dual batteries, cb etc.....

Amp, stereo head unit, headlight upgrade, dual battery solinoid + aux line for the van battery, 250a override, fridge & inverter. Hopefully that is the entire list. All that is spread across two batts. Not quite 15 but sure looks like it.
Hmm trailer brake controller & dual thermos now that is an idea, I might see if I can break the record for wires on a battery. :rolleyes:. No seriously I hate seeing so much hanging off the terminals, not to mention it is a pain when I need to remove one of the wires like today as I have to remove atleast three.

Regards A

Steve F 24-01-2012 06:51 PM

Wired my reverse camera to the unused rear fog light switch and put a couple of diodes at the camera so now it comes on in reverse or when I use the fog switch as I have no rear fogs . Now I need to work out how to get the fog light switch to work without the headlights on.

Cheers
Steve

junglejuice 24-01-2012 06:51 PM

Makes a distribution block all the more appealing, as I run my fridges in the back I find it most advantageous to run 1 large cable to the rear to a fused distro block and then feed the accs from that, that would also apply for stereo gear as well plus would also work for the caravan, there is a few deleted already.....
You can get 4 way fused distro blocks that can be ganged together and take 5AG fuses and will take upto around 50mm2 cable which should be more than enough....

junglejuice 24-01-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve F (Post 1256378)
Wired my reverse camera to the unused rear fog light switch and put a couple of diodes at the camera so now it comes on in reverse or when I use the fog switch as I have no rear fogs . Now I need to work out how to get the fog light switch to work without the headlights on.

Cheers
Steve

The fog light switch is just a switch, it will turn anything on and off if you disconnect the factory wiring for it....

anthonygubbin 24-01-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junglejuice (Post 1256380)
Makes a distribution block all the more appealing, as I run my fridges in the back I find it most advantageous to run 1 large cable to the rear to a fused distro block and then feed the accs from that, that would also apply for stereo gear as well plus would also work for the caravan, there is a few deleted already.....
You can get 4 way fused distro blocks that can be ganged together and take 5AG fuses and will take upto around 50mm2 cable which should be more than enough....

Yerr I think one is definitly on the cards at some stage, even if I hide it under the bonnet somewhere, I could atleast tidy up things and group all the wires together inside the one piece of conduit.

Regards A