AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   JK Wrangler Australia (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   jk diesel fuel economy. (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72877)

davidd 21-11-2007 10:35 AM

jk diesel fuel economy.

last monday i had my unlinited manual diesel in for the slow fueling problem. problem now solved. have noticed that round town the dash display now shows me getting about 8.8 l/100. prior to the fix it was getting about 10.8 to 11.5. the people who fixed it say they altered no settings and can't explain it. can other of you with similar vehicles please give me your round town fuel economy so i can compare if it is normal, or needs to be looked at. thanks

Tiny 21-11-2007 11:02 AM

11-13l/100km but i have a heavy foot
havent had mine in for the fix yet either
on another note how long did it take them to fix

davidd 21-11-2007 12:11 PM

tiny i dropped the vehicle off at 8am and got a phone call at 3pm to pick it up. they had also looked at a couple of ther minor issues, that required a plug in to the machine. they took it to a bowser, checked the flow rate (10 mins for 40 litres) dropped the tank, cleaned the two valves, ressembled it and took it for another bowser check. this time 45 seconds for 40 l. dropped it again and cleaned valves again, reassembled and this time it took 35 secs to fill 40 litres. good result 10 mins to 35 sec.

Tiny 21-11-2007 01:28 PM

yep got to get mine done but it is 1.5hour drive to the nearest dealer so i will need a day
thanks for that davidd

davidd 21-11-2007 01:42 PM

tiny get it done, i took mine on a 12000 trip with a camper and the frustration it caused and the abuse from other people lined up behind me can only be understood by others with the same problem, my worst fill was 56 litres in 24 minutes. the sense of relief when it is all over is also an awesome experience. good luck mate.

bismark 21-11-2007 01:49 PM

Could I get the Name + Phone # of the Jeep Dealers who fixed this problem, because Gold coast Jeep did not believe there are any problems with the Filler system.

Tiny 21-11-2007 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidd (Post 801875)
tiny get it done, i took mine on a 12000 trip with a camper and the frustration it caused and the abuse from other people lined up behind me can only be understood by others with the same problem, my worst fill was 56 litres in 24 minutes. the sense of relief when it is all over is also an awesome experience. good luck mate.

dont worry i intend to get it fixed i was just wondering the time taken as it is the difference between takeing a day off work or ducking down one saturday morning so a day off it is