AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Chitchat (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Shane, Thanks. (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64840)

goodie 21-12-2006 10:52 AM

Shane, Thanks.

Thanks for the memories warnie, you are a true legend.

BLU-125 21-12-2006 05:10 PM

I just don't like memories like the "Bookie Scandal", the "Drug Scandal" & the repeated examples of sexual misconduct by a public figure who is a role model for so many children.

Great cricketer, though. The Australian team will miss him & Mc Grath.....

Laz 21-12-2006 05:19 PM

My telstra sms shares will drop!

Tasar 21-12-2006 06:50 PM

Bowled SHANE....;)

Ben 21-12-2006 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blu125
who is a role model for so many children.

I've never understood why being good at a sport makes you necessarily a role model. In particular, Warney's never put himself up to be one, hell in his press conference today he said he'd have a beer and a smoke.

Why can't he just be a good cricketer who entertained? Why does he have to be a role model. Millions of people around the world are very successful at their job and they're not role models.

madtj 21-12-2006 08:54 PM

i do agree ben but when you in the public eye and are good at wat you do you are pretty much going to be seen as a role model because people look up to you even though you may not want it its preety much wat yor gunna get that my 10 c worth
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben
I've never understood why being good at a sport makes you necessarily a role model. In particular, Warney's never put himself up to be one, hell in his press conference today he said he'd have a beer and a smoke.

Why can't he just be a good cricketer who entertained? Why does he have to be a role model. Millions of people around the world are very successful at their job and they're not role models.

BLU-125 21-12-2006 09:11 PM

Ben, it's no longer the Australian Cricket Team, it's MY team, or OUR team. Every Australian seems to take it personally if their chosen hero doesn't win.

Think back a couple of weeks when Ian Thorpe chose to retire.....Every newspaper inferred that "WE" had been let down.

I love motor sport & I think A. Jones should be remembered as an important winner of the F1 World Championship, but every time I have spent time with him, I have thought he was a reasonably ordinary human being, who (like me) drinks too much and treated women abominably. Doesn't mean I don't respect his ability as a Grand Prix driver.