AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   XJ / MJ Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   What did you do to your XJ today? 1M Views (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70769)

indertdxj 10-03-2008 03:38 PM

Pics are working ok NOW.

I like the wiring very neat. I did a similar thing with fuses holder but have my battery monitor up front. The only regret I have and noticed that you did was to label all the wiring on the wood. I had a terminal vibrate loose over my holidays and it took me about 10 minutes to find which wire was connected to that particular one. Labelling the wires would have been a fantastic Idea. I think what I might do is map it out on a piece of paper, laminate it and put it in the glove box for easy reference.

My inverter is wired in so that I have to turn it on at the inverter (no other switches) and all other wiring is for airbags, compressor and later for auxillary fuel pump. My 12v sockets have no switches. I assume that two of you green switches are for the sockets. What do the others do?

optical 10-03-2008 03:50 PM

yeh all the writing on the wood was more of a map to get an idea how to fit things well. The wiring is simple enough for me to be able to fix and change

switches
1 - compressor relay (no compressor yet)
2 - work light relay (no work light yet)
3 - water pump (fresh water for camping)
4 - spare

then the two power outlets for other stuff, probably another camp light that ill attach to an old extension cord and add a law draw 12v globe

below them and not in the above picture will be a hose connector and an air line connector (water pump and air compressor respectively)

(edit - the wood with the wires on it doesnt show some of the return wires to the neg terminal, finished that on the w.e)

John Horan 10-03-2008 03:51 PM

XJ Deisel 1999

Just brought a pair of bonnet scoops to get the heat out from under the bonnet hope to fit them next weekend:rolleyes:

indertdxj 10-03-2008 04:02 PM

Got some Pics John?

Gojeep 10-03-2008 04:45 PM

Make sure you fit them facing rearward.

Tonto 10-03-2008 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by optical (Post 835173)
fixed i think?

I'd be keen to see a clearer pic of your wiring if you can get one. I've done similar but never thought to run it on a baord like that and label it. Wish I had now as it's about 7 years since I did it and I can't remember how it's all wired.

indertdxj 10-03-2008 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonto (Post 835209)
I'd be keen to see a clearer pic of your wiring if you can get one. I've done similar but never thought to run it on a baord like that and label it. Wish I had now as it's about 7 years since I did it and I can't remember how it's all wired.

x2