AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Jeep Chat (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   MUST READ: Aftermarket Jeep Parts Australia (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147270)

Jimmyb 20-01-2017 12:52 PM

MUST READ: Aftermarket Jeep Parts Australia

Consumer warning about Aftermarket Jeep Parts Australia / James Bartlett

This announcement is for:

ConsumerMotor industry

http://aftermarketjeep.com.au/wp-con...xzBI6_Z6eB.png

Consumer Protection has issued a warning about a Perth business selling Jeep parts and accessories which takes money from consumers but in many cases fails to deliver.

A total of 24 complaints have been received against Aftermarket Jeep Parts Australia and owner James Alan Bartlett from consumers around Australia who have ordered parts online but didn’t receive the goods. Nine complaints remain outstanding where consumers who have paid a total of $11,230 have either not received their goods or a refund.

Although the business operates an accessories shop in Yangebup, the complaints relate to online orders made via the website aftermarketjeep

Acting Commissioner for Consumer Protection David Hillyard said Mr Bartlett has so far not cooperated with attempts to resolve the outstanding complaints.

“Consumer law states that goods must be supplied within a reasonable time and traders must not accept payments for goods and then fail to deliver,” Mr Hillyard said.

“Aftermarket Jeep Parts Australia has taken a substantial amount of money from consumers who have not received their goods, and Mr Bartlett has so far failed to fulfil his promises to refund their money.

“Until the remaining complaints are resolved and we can be assured that orders placed on the website will result in the goods being delivered within a reasonable time, we caution consumers about using the website of this business to buy Jeep parts and accessories.”

Consumers who have had unsatisfactory dealings with Aftermarket Jeep Parts Australia and James Bartlett can contact Consumer Protection by email consumer@commerce.wa.gov.au or by calling 1300 30 40 54. General information about consumer rights is available on the Consumer Protection website www.commerce.wa.gov.au/cp.

Media contact (Consumer Protection)

Tonka Jeep 20-01-2017 01:40 PM

About bloody time!

Aus Patriot 20-01-2017 04:00 PM

Only thing worse than a scumbag is a scumbag that steals from Jeepers...

Green Goblin 20-01-2017 05:23 PM

He should be completely shut down and not allowed to be involved in any buisiness

Nanook 21-01-2017 06:04 AM

I must of been the only one that has had a good experience with this guy. I even had his stickers on the side of my JK. That was until I realised how he was ripping off everybody else then they soon were removed.

How he has managed to escape a consumer warning for so long is beyond me.

Ausmosis 15-02-2017 09:29 AM

Got ripped off!

God I'm so disappointed. I had no idea this guy was ripping people off until today. I spent $1800 on Jan 28 2017 only to find out today that the WA Department of commerce had posted a notice warning about his practices. The money I gave him was for a front and rear bumper for my 4 door JK 2010 and I was sooo looking forward to getting them. I also order the side window weather shields and trail rated badge. I worked so hard to put that money together (2nd job as an Army Reservist) and now have nothing to show for it. Wish I had done more research beforehand but given his FB page seemed OK and there were no complaints I thought I'd give him a go. Lesson learnt but still doesn't take away the fact I have lost a lot of money. :(

MRGC 15-02-2017 10:14 AM

The trail badges aren't original, they fade after a few washes from car lovers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk