AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   WK WK2 Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=284)
-   -   tyres- Cooper discoverer srx (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161516)

genpk 23-05-2023 03:15 PM

tyres- Cooper discoverer srx

Anyone have any feed back on Cooper Discoverer SRX tyres.
Are they noisy tyres or any good.
Got the opportunity to buy a set as new cheap but as im a 80% bitumen
20% gravel track and towing person dont want to much tyre noise on the road.

drover 23-05-2023 04:53 PM

It doesn't look like they have them in LT and if your going to be towing thats what you need or your P rated tyres just won't last.
I have only had 1/2 worn Coopers on when I bought a vehicle and they didn't last long, many friends have said they just don't go the distance especially towing spo haven't tried them ....
Whatever tyre you fit ignore the tyre placard pressures they are way off the mark for decent pressures..... 33 psi is too low from my checks....

LeCheese 23-05-2023 05:13 PM

Yeah Coopers seem to be very hit and miss... and mostly miss by many reports. From my personal experience, they were a big miss. Only got 60k out of them, had three punctures (which were plugged), were pretty loud, and were very hairy in the wet.

These were Zeon LTZs in 275/55/20 (P, not LT).

timsarg 23-05-2023 05:21 PM

cooper at3's . Scary as shit in the wet especially on corners and noisy as all hell .

Have had 2 sets of dynapro rf10's on my gc's and now onto falken wildpeak. both great tyres

LeCheese 23-05-2023 05:32 PM

Yep, likewise with the Wildpeaks, and have seen firsthand how good the RF10s are on a family member's 200 series

FARWEST 23-05-2023 05:44 PM

Coopers seem to be over-rated...very loud...wear quicker than 'normal' tyres and are for some reason prone to punctures...son inlaw has them on a Ford Ranger....my NITTO.s are outlasting them...new when I bought my car and he had the Coopers fitted 2 weeks later....'somehow' the NITTO's have more life in them than his Coopers...and mine have more k's on em....go figure ???
ps: he also reported 'seat pucker' in the wet on both bitumen and dirt/gravel roads....put me off completely

genpk 23-05-2023 06:25 PM

Thanks for all the info.
Story is somone i know has a pretty new set of the coopers on the black 20” rims
off a 2014 blackhawk .
Wants $200 per wheel and tyre if i swap my silver 20” rims and tyres with him.
Thought it might look good on my new gc which has a dark grey type metallic paint.
Be a good deal if the tyres ran better on the jeep