AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   XJ / MJ Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   What did you do to your XJ today? 1M Views (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70769)

Wolfe 31-08-2007 12:54 AM

Replaced bearings, retainer and seal in rear axle. After some numnuts did the brake conversion, they didnt check the torque (i dont think he owns a torque wrench) on the plate retaining the axle. I dont know wether this caused my bearings to fail, but I did have the axle moving in and out about 40mm. Now, after using the torque wrench to spec, I have no movement . HOORAY Its very exciting to be able to work on your own vehicle ( with lots of help, thankyou mr wooders & brookers brakes) :)

Rodgebone 01-09-2007 02:13 AM

between Jeep Fight Club and now i have pressure washed it, aired up, reconnected, fixed the broken battery cables causing a flat battery, removed the transfer case bash plate for rebending (it was grounded against the transfer case - howd that happen?:rolleyes: ), examined the rather large dent in my rocker sill under the driver door (howd i do that?:rolleyes: ), examined the rather large missing chunk out of my right rear wheel (howd i do that?:rolleyes: ), examined the 1/2" of caked mud on the driver floormat (i KNOW how i did that!), threatened to clean it up more than a few times but drank beer instead, cleaned the water out of my distributor cap (ok, mud), pressure washed it again and then drove the tj while its been drying out all week...will get around to washing it next month (or the month after)....actually it should be summer before i wash it :cool:

kyro 01-09-2007 07:57 AM

might be time for rock rails hehehe

Rodgebone 01-09-2007 08:59 AM

Quote:

kyro might be time for rock rails hehehe
yeps, is in the works after i get my new tig next couple weeks :D

del97td 02-09-2007 11:25 PM

what i did yesterday cos today is fathers day went to work in the morning fitted auxillary fan in front of radiator and started to do the wiring it will be two speed low for the aircon and high for when the temp starts to rise or when im wheeling in low next will be a front mounted oil cooler

optical 02-09-2007 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodgebone (Post 779152)
yeps, is in the works after i get my new tig next couple weeks :D

x2 :D

oh yeh. snapped my panhard rod today !

Breyten 05-09-2007 11:01 PM

I cleaned it!!!

And put the rear flares back on.

And finished my install of a new Kenwood MP3 CD w/USB player. No more skipping while bouncing.