AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   KL Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=290)
-   -   iBrake (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155176)

Bryan 17-03-2019 05:25 PM

iBrake

I was barely moving in reverse not looking where I was going when the car braked suddenly. I happened to look at the instrument cluster and saw "iBrake".

Is this a standard feature and how does it work exactly.

SJetc 18-03-2019 06:53 AM

It's called Parksense Rear Park Assist w/stop and is not standard I don't think. It's been a while since I looked at the specs of the KL and they've probably changed as far as what's included and what's not since I got mine back in 2014, but on mine it came with the 'Tech Pack'.

From the KL Manual:
When this feature is selected, the park assist system will
detect objects located behind the vehicle and utilize
autonomous braking to stop the vehicle

Bryan 18-03-2019 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJetc (Post 1647308)
It's called Parksense Rear Park Assist w/stop and is not standard I don't think. It's been a while since I looked at the specs of the KL and they've probably changed as far as what's included and what's not since I got mine back in 2014, but on mine it came with the 'Tech Pack'.

From the KL Manual:
When this feature is selected, the park assist system will
detect objects located behind the vehicle and utilize
autonomous braking to stop the vehicle

Thanks, now I know what to expect. It gave me a bit of a fright.

jewel 18-03-2019 12:17 PM

I Brake

You can disable it by gong to settings,I think it is under rear brake assist, I found it to be a pain in the neck, too harsh.

SJetc 18-03-2019 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jewel (Post 1647317)
You can disable it by gong to settings,I think it is under rear brake assist, I found it to be a pain in the neck, too harsh.

It can be I agree but it did save my cat once. If you reverse too quickly, it disables and you get a message on the EVIC - 'speed too high - park sense disabled' (or something like that). I think it's over 16km/hr or close to that.

SeaComms 07-04-2019 08:19 AM

Mine goes off with the 1cm drop from the garage floor to the driveway, reversing in or out. Forward is no problem, but reverse always slams the brakes on if I am going more than about 2kmh. Below that it just beeps as I approach it then realises it's not a massive drop. Bloody weird..

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk