AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   JK Wrangler Australia (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   No climate control (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154807)

Evil monkey 24-01-2019 05:37 PM

No climate control

I started my wrangler this afternoon and the climate control is not pushing out and air hot or cold.
Was working fine at lunchtime
Would happen on the hottest day in Adelaide😥
Anyone have any ideas.

There is no fan sound. I briefly heard a bubbling noise when I turned the engine on. Other than that I am at a loss to know where to start.

st_za 24-01-2019 05:51 PM

The most likely suspects are a blown fuse or stuck relay. Other less likely culprits could be the fan motor or the fan switch. If all else fails, low aircon gas also seemed to cause the aircon to not switch on but I don't know if it affected the fan too (it was on another thread not too long ago).

The bubbling noise could be some air or coolant moving through the heater core.

Evil monkey 24-01-2019 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st_za (Post 1645270)
The most likely suspects are a blown fuse or stuck relay. Other less likely culprits could be the fan motor or the fan switch. If all else fails, low aircon gas also seemed to cause the aircon to not switch on but I don't know if it affected the fan too (it was on another thread not too long ago).

The bubbling noise could be some air or coolant moving through the heater core.

Had a look at the fuses and they all look good, any idea where the relay would live for the fan as there is little information in the owners handbook.

The aircon compressor seems like it’s working as the pipes to the car are freezing cold under the bonnet but just no fan blowing. I tried it manually and on auto there is nothing.

markwiseguy 03-02-2019 09:49 AM

I'm having the same issue, after a visit to the dealership they have put it down to the TIPM failing... $1800 for a new one fitted by them..!
I just don't know though, as all the research i can find on TIPM failures, no one appears to have lost all ac/heat/fan functions.

I will be interested to see if you find anything else out.

timbotrog 03-02-2019 10:59 PM

This is going to sound stupid but I've seen it and fixed it several times so far.

Find a JK of the same model and year.

Swap your instrument cluster with theirs and try the a/c fan.

It's a Jeep thing but the electrics for the a/c run through the instrument cluster and it acts like a full stop in a sentence.

If it's failed you'll know straight away. It's a 5 minute job to swap them over.