AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   JK Wrangler Australia (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   HeadLight and Windscreen (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100469)

CrazyAd 21-10-2010 10:52 AM

HeadLight and Windscreen

Hey Guys.

Looks like I've been hitting a few things lately.

I've broken the R hand side Headlight, just the Glass lens and now have a crack in my windscreen.

Jeep have said that they don't replace the glass lens and that for me to replace it. I have to buy the whole light assembly which costs $400 bucks. But I only want the glass lens.
So far one shop in Brisbane wants $250 for a second hand one. Anyone known any other places I could look??

With the windscreen. I've asked RACQ and they want $250. Do ya think that reasonable?

Thanks

Ads

JK07 21-10-2010 11:00 AM

Search ebay mate you can upgrade the entire headlight with led ring pretty cheap or just pm sandy he is wrecking the jk and you can get whatever parts u want from him

MightyMouse 21-10-2010 12:41 PM

Unless i'm mistaken then JK headlight is a standard H4 unit.....or is there something special about it preventing a commonly available aftermaket unit being fitted ?

NFI 21-10-2010 12:52 PM

Depending on how bad the windscreen is, it may just be able to be repaired. The price Wind Screens O'Brian charge is $120 to repair it. (Small stone chip etc).

$250.00 is probably correct for a complete wind screen.

Macca007 21-10-2010 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MightyMouse (Post 1134879)
Unless i'm mistaken then JK headlight is a standard H4 unit.....or is there something special about it preventing a commonly available aftermaket unit being fitted ?

Yep standard just buy a H4 shouldn't cost $250, I replaced both of mine last year, can't recall how much but no where near $250 a pop, the pain is getting them in and out. Good luck!

Macca007 21-10-2010 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFI (Post 1134884)
Depending on how bad the windscreen is, it may just be able to be repaired. The price Wind Screens O'Brian charge is $120 to repair it. (Small stone chip etc).

$250.00 is probably correct for a complete wind screen.

For future ref tick the box on your insurance mine is $50 a year for a replacement screen, at $250 you'd have to go 5 years without doing a screen, just won't happen, will it;) so a lot cheaper considering you,ll prob do a screen every 2 years;)

oldmacdonald 21-10-2010 02:10 PM

I've never had to replace a windscreen in any of the vehicles I've driven in the 10-odd years I've had my license. Maybe I'm just lucky?