AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   WK WK2 Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=284)
-   -   FCA not honouring free service (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154456)

jnrdavo 04-12-2018 02:10 PM

FCA not honouring free service

So, been a very long road this one.

I purchased a 2015 GC Overland and loved it.

All worked fine, with the usual issue that many have written about that required software upgrades.

One of those software upgrades 'stuffed up' the GPS. I was unable to change states. I think I was 8 months in to owning the car (I also had the one that made the engine fans come on all the time, how embarrassing was that one!)

Anyway, off I went to my support guys and asked them to fix it. They could not, as FCA didn't have a fix, but would in a few months..

Fast forward 18+ months, and still no fix. The solution... Just use the voice system... Ok, so if I can to go to a street in Canberra, it tries to take me to Darwin!!!

I then hit up FCA and ask them to swap out the unit as it does not affect all cars. NO, can't do that, it won't work...

Then the lies start. Robert Lawson of FCA in writing told me that this would not work and they would not do it. I'm a computer guy, and a car guy (I run 5 car forums) and know that you can swap out units and make them work in your own car (yes, there is component protection etc, but that can be changed by the dealer).

Why should somebody have to wait 18+ months to have their NAV work in the car properly, when it did when I purchased the car!!??

I kept on with a level and fair head with FCA and Robert Lawson, giving him the facts, even to the point where another forum member kindly send me a copy of a letter from FCA saying they would fix his identical problem and swap out the unit. They did the work, and hey presto, he had working sat nav again.

No, Robert Lawson of FCA blank refused, and even worse, advised this would not fix my problem. I kept on working with my local suttons dealership who advised they could not log a problem ticket with FCA as Robert was telling them it was no use, they would not fix the issue.

I then in frustration found 'Shubhra Kaushik' (hubhra.kaushik@fcagroup.com) as a last resort.
She was great, and very quickly heard my frustration and arranged for the unit to be swapped.

What changed their mind, this and other Jeep forums. It seems that the internet can help in your issues with car manufacturers and sticking up for fixing issues that can be repaired.

So, all good. Sat Nav working as good as it was 18+ months after the purchase of the car.

Even better, Shubhra offers me a free next service to 'compensate' me for my troubles.
Great, I'll get that when the car is due for service.

When the time comes, I contact the dealer and advise it's a free one (which is great, as the last one cost $2000!!!).

But, FCA are back to their old customer service levels. Sorry, you did not 'accept' our offer, and know you can't have a free service.

So, here we go again. A long campaign to get a 'free' service that had already been offered...

What is wrong with these guys? Why are the so determined to keep on shooting themselves in the foot? What difference does/did it make to FCA to pay for a service a few months ago, and pay for it now? Is there something going on with servicing that would have mean't that the price would have been different.

So, they win, I loose is one way to look at it.

Is it just me? Am I being too fussy to expect what I'm expecting?

I've got so many email correspondences and logs of calls that my mind boggles...

imaz 04-12-2018 02:20 PM

Robert Lawson is no longer there unfortunately.

Well, at the very least after all the struggles, you did get that free head unit which outweigh the free service.

Enjoy the car.

jnrdavo 04-12-2018 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imaz (Post 1643239)
Robert Lawson is no longer there unfortunately.

Well, at the very least after all the struggles, you did get that free head unit which outweigh the free service.

Enjoy the car.

I think you mean't to say 'fortunately'... My experience was outright lies..
Also, I think they may have just done a software update (which was all I was after!) to fix the Head Unit...Again, I've no idea, the clarity of what actually took place is still unknown to me!

imaz 04-12-2018 02:32 PM

Many of us had great success from Robert customer service, who actually responds to our queries.. You must have caught him as he was leaving?

FCA called me last week regarding on my engine issues I had, and if they were able to help etc. So, on the positive side, they have changed game for the better for me?

croweater 04-12-2018 03:17 PM

Note to self:

DONT. ALLOW. SOFTWARE. UPDATES !!!

lujabe 04-12-2018 03:21 PM

Yeah, I too found Robert one of the more helpful FCA people... though wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up burnt out by spending years in the middle of FCA’s bullshit and unhappy customers...

Troutman 04-12-2018 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnrdavo (Post 1643238)
...….When the time comes, I contact the dealer and advise it's a free one (which is great, as the last one cost $2000!!!)..

Holy crap mate, what sort of service did you have on a 2015 that cost $2k?