AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   JK Wrangler Australia (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Rubicon "rock rails" (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106660)

MightyMouse 14-06-2011 12:47 PM

Rubicon "rock rails"

Just for information...... whilst the Rubicon rock rails seem to withsdand quite a lateral impact the actual standoff brackets aren't sufficiently rigid to withstand a hard vertical landing without bending.

A bit of re-enforcment definately required - if you want to stay with the stock rails.

Time for something more solid.

Wrangel 14-06-2011 01:38 PM

Got any Pictures?

DownSouth 14-06-2011 01:40 PM

I destroyed my "Plastic" side steps last week, I am now in the market for some sliders with enough width to act as a step as well. Ive searched the forum but nothing recent comes up. So just incase something new is on the market does anyone have any suggestions?
I have a 4 door
Cheers

MightyMouse 14-06-2011 01:48 PM

Depends on how hard you plan to wheel...... personally i'm going down the "bomb proof" approach to get a whole lot more protection. Anything that hangs down ( steps) seems a bit vulnerable.

I've seen tublar extensions for Rubi type sliders that seem to work as steps as well.

DownSouth 14-06-2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MightyMouse (Post 1196958)
Depends on how hard you plan to wheel...... personally i'm going down the "bomb proof" approach to get a whole lot more protection. Anything that hangs down ( steps) seems a bit vulnerable.

I've seen tublar extensions for Rubi type sliders that seem to work as steps as well.

Not hard hard core but Id like to drive in and out of the ruts and occasionally lean over on the bank.
Has anyone seen the PPm ones from DBOR? - looks like you need to weld them up yourself but they are priced ok.

Macca2801 14-06-2011 02:40 PM

BlackJack do Bomb proof step/slider for 2 and 4 door. Also Alan of Cruison Wa imports LOD which have again, a bomb proof and very functional step/slider. I would have bought these but they ended up $1300 delivered...ouch!
BlackJack also do an upgrade to the Factory Rubicon rock-rails to make them Bomb proof and can add steps if you want them.

I will be doing BlackJack Welding when funds permit.

Matt.

1NKOGNETO 14-06-2011 03:02 PM

I'm having the LOD sliders fitted next month when they turn up if anyone wants to have a look at them. Also the rear bar & carrier.. Absolutely Bomb proof, but paying through the roof for them.