AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Chitchat (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Cleansing diet (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65640)

Manxie 30-01-2007 01:50 PM

Cleansing diet

I'm doing this cleansing diet thingo at the moment. I have to avoid dairy, bread, pasta, red meat, alcohol, salt, sugar, fat - basically anything nice.

First week was HELL, especially no alcohol!!

I have been on it for 5 weeks now and lost 7 kilos - (i wasnt a lard arse before either) I am feeling (and lookin) GOOD! 8-)

So if you are on one - onya, or thinking of doing one, do it - I was VERY skeptical of doing it and have been pleasantly surprised by the results. After the first 1.5 weeks it was fairly easy. (Although i was naughty and got smashed this weekend haha)

Oh the reason i wrote this is cos I am drinking a peppermint tea atm and it reminded me of it. Usually i drink SHITE loads of coffee and tea during the day and alcohol by night - but i replace all that with green tea or herbal tea. Its not so bad - or just keep telling yourself that lol. :)

I go back to semi - normal soon. But I think it has changed my out look on what i eat etc for good. :-o

wrangerdang 30-01-2007 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manxie
I have to avoid dairy, bread, pasta, red meat, alcohol, salt, sugar, fat

more importantly, what is actually left that you CAN eat???? :hammer:

jeepgirl 30-01-2007 02:20 PM

You go girl! Well done. :-)

I did the same thing when my ex fiance took off. Lost 10 kilos plus and feel LOADS better! :-)
Peppermint tea is great for your stomach too!

munch 30-01-2007 02:50 PM

Hey Manxie, my better half does the whole cleanse thing a couple of times a year, the worst part is the caffine headaches for the first 3 days and the general mood that goes with that. She usually sheds a bit of weight and feels better for it.

Gildo 30-01-2007 02:57 PM

So you dont eat anything and just drink tea?
Scuse me if I pass on this one.

ajbsid 30-01-2007 03:14 PM

Good for you. I really should do something like that too. It's the commitment factor that I have trouble with. I'm fine for a day or so, then I lapse.

Manxie 30-01-2007 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrangerdang
more importantly, what is actually left that you CAN eat???? :hammer:

hehe nah you eat chicken breasts, potatos, rice and lots of fresh vegies /fruit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by munch
the worst part is the caffine headaches for the first 3 days and the general mood that goes with that

yeah those caffine headaches suck!!! i'm hearing ya!!