AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   JK Wrangler Australia (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   too much choice in choosing new suspension (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97676)

«-JˇLtęD-»® 18-07-2010 05:51 PM

too much choice in choosing new suspension

awaiting delivery of my new 2dr rubi so thought id start shopping already. this sounds like a stupid problem to have but i cant decide on what suspension to run. i know i need 3.5 to 4 to clear 35s properly and id prefer to keep to a short arm setup. the rubicon express 3.5 superflex kit seems to look ok also but am unable to find any honest opinions on it or any other.

what are your recomendations and pros & cons to what you've used?

double black offroad 18-07-2010 10:26 PM

there are many options and it can be confusing, with the Poly setup 3" and you'll clear 35's no prob, whether you initially want to change arms is up to you, it is not essential but I would recommend the lowers for both front and rear.
Your budget will really determine how far you want to go, we have many customers who make mistakes in taking the cheap option only to change it down the track.

«-JˇLtęD-»® 19-07-2010 12:59 AM

im in perth and know of a couple places that deal with jeeps, most places are very limited in what they use the other i refuse to deal with again not mentioning names.

"do it once, do it properly" i dont wanna waste money on junk

«-JˇLtęD-»® 19-07-2010 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemesis (Post 1099513)
what do you want to achieve? is this a daily driver? what bar work do you have? what tyre size you going to run?

will be runnin 35's and will be my daily. do mainly sand work with the occasional mud and rocks.

bar im thinking about the arb deluxe winch

also looking at the pro-comp xterrain tyres

malexander 19-07-2010 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by «-JˇLtęD-»® (Post 1099631)
will be runnin 35's and will be my daily. do mainly sand work with the occasional mud and rocks.

bar im thinking about the arb deluxe winch

also looking at the pro-comp xterrain tyres

I've decided on the PP 2" lift coils and Rancho 9000 adjustables, seems to be the best combo.

double black offroad 19-07-2010 02:40 PM

Mopar only $400, $40 extra for pp coils is money well spent!

«-JˇLtęD-»® 19-07-2010 03:47 PM

are adjustable arms needed with the pp springs? i dont mind spending the money as long as it works well and not wasting it.
i had a look on the pp usa website and saw 4 diff kits. can anyone tell me the diff in performance between them?