AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   WK WK2 Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=284)
-   -   Overland leather unexplained seat wear at 15,000 is (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150682)

cherren 27-11-2017 02:14 PM

Overland leather unexplained seat wear at 15,000 is

2 Attachment(s)
My Leather drivers seat beading is wearing away the seat color & leather along the outer edge at the front & rear seat leather cover, Jeep have already replaced both drivers & passengers seat approx 3,000 K's ago but the new leather covers are doing the same thing. I have sat my fat arse on the seat in the driving position but the beading is no where near the leather cover & nothing is near the rear wear point. The dealer tells me that Jeep won’t replace the seat cushion cover this time.

I showed a fellow Jeeper (Craig) at the Jeep Fest on Saturday and he said his GC was doing the same thing.

Wondering how many other GC WK 2 owners are experiencing the same thing.

My WK is a MY2015 GC Overland with 15,000 K's and as ruined 2 sets of leather seat cushion covers so far

Cherokee30D 27-11-2017 03:02 PM

[QUOTE=cherren;1624316]I showed a fellow Jeeper at the Jeep Fest on Saturday and he said his was doing the same thing. /QUOTE]
That would be me 😁.
Mine isn't an Overland, however my Limited is doing the same.

Cheers, Craig

cherren 27-11-2017 03:21 PM

Hi Craig

Didn't use your name cause I didn't have your permission

Do you know if there are any good builder in Mt Martha ?????

Cherokee30D 27-11-2017 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherren (Post 1624323)
Didn't use your name cause I didn't have your permission

Do you know if there are any good builder in Mt Martha ?????

Hahaha! No worries.
I know an excellent builder in Mt Martha........ www.individualbuilders.com.au.

Cheers, Craig

timsarg 28-11-2017 12:38 AM

my 14 limited i have done 30K since buying it in jan when it had 30k on the clock so after 60K my nappa leather seats are showing no signs of wear

i clean my seats fortnightly with a leather treatment

hills46 28-11-2017 08:12 PM

Don't think the Limited has the Nappa leather, that was Overland and Summit. Anyway, wonder if it's something to do with the colour, what colour are Craig's? I've had the black leather for nearly 4 years / 130,000 and they still look new. Always parked under cover mind which could also be a factor. Not excuses, just thinking of differences.

08crd 28-11-2017 09:29 PM

Another question, what bum size are you?
My son's falcon, had two drivers seats, he is 6"6" and has a BIG ar$e.