AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   WK WK2 Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=284)
-   -   Who has considered AliExpress for some Jeep parts (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160801)

Mousie 20-07-2022 09:49 AM

Who has considered AliExpress for some Jeep parts

Hi All,

I’ve had the AliExpress app for some time now as mostly buy cheap electronic parts and lately I see a bit of WK2 stuff quite cheap as well. Things like our cooling hoses and thermostats etc. I.e. that little plastic tube under the water pump is sub $20 delivered. I just ordered the extreme rear turbo hose. I’ve not had a bad experience as largest order was $70 dollars and lately orders are arriving at the 4 week mark. Just a share on what may be an option for spares in advance.

67HR 20-07-2022 01:31 PM

Hi mousie,
Can you provide a link to the correct area for WK2 parts ?
Cheers

Mousie 20-07-2022 03:21 PM

I just put in the actual part number from posters on the forum and up they come. Just put in 68211200AB and the coolant pipe comes up at $16.69 with free delivery. Add a few cents of course for international taxes. Using the app of course.

Nanook 20-07-2022 03:49 PM

I've bought cosmetic items from there, like grill inserts etc and have never had an issue. Not sure if I would buy engine parts though.

LuluBelle 20-07-2022 07:51 PM

Great for RC parts don't know about real parts

drover 21-07-2022 06:51 AM

Always been a bit wary on mechanical items as its all Chinese stuff but plastic mouldings okay as they are probably from the same factory that makes the Jeep bits, lots of chinese parts in a Grand......... I don't think I would trust a machined or cast part that much as while the machining might be okay the metal quality can be dubious.
Besides when I want a part, waiting 4 weeks isn't in the equation.

Nanook 22-07-2022 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drover (Post 1685606)
Always been a bit wary on mechanical items as its all Chinese stuff but plastic mouldings okay as they are probably from the same factory that makes the Jeep bits, lots of chinese parts in a Grand......... I don't think I would trust a machined or cast part that much as while the machining might be okay the metal quality can be dubious.
Besides when I want a part, waiting 4 weeks isn't in the equation.

When I was into performance cars a lot of guys I know were buying cheap Chinese parts like rims, filters etc, and they were nothing but trouble due to the quality or lack of.