AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Chitchat (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   scammers everywhere!! (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135743)

tassiecj6 04-10-2014 12:04 PM

scammers everywhere!!

I have my camper advertised on Gumtree in Tassie
its at my house in Launceston . .
got an email asking about condition and price .
answered the email ,got this reply .
scam ????;);)

Thanks for getting back.I'm cool with the price likewise the condition as described on your advert...i work with New Zealand Oil and Gas (NZOG),which am presently offshore in New Zealand Taranaki Basin on kupe project...we do not have access to phone at the moment,that's why I contacted you with internet messaging facility.

Regarding the payment,will be paying you via PayPal,because it the only means of payment i have on here and it linked up with my westpac bank account.Kindly get back to me with your paypal email address details,so i can process the payment.If you dont have paypal account you can alternatively send me your bsb account name and number can also do a wire bank transfer from my paypal account.

For the shipping.I'll instruct a Shipping Co Agent to come for pick up at your door,when you must have gotten your cash at hand...will wait for the paypal payment to clear in your account, before we proceed with the pickup.Will schedule the pick up time with you and deliver it to my place in Darwin after the whole fund has been cleared into your account.
Thanks

BrendanK 04-10-2014 12:11 PM

didnt he say he pay before he picks it up?

tassiecj6 04-10-2014 12:14 PM

yea ,but they want my bank details !!
I,m a bit warry of this kind of stuff .
I wouldnt buy a $30,000 camper without looking at it ,would you ??;)

Fathead 04-10-2014 12:29 PM

Its a scam. Jad similar when selling a car. Told them I had reported it and funny never heard from them again

sent from little phone by a clown with phat fingers & a jeep

Tyvokka 04-10-2014 12:31 PM

Similar case for me but opposite.

I wanted to buy a built TJ via phone and email, legitimately from a bloke in Salt Lake City, UT. I was gonna use it for EJS and JJ USA and later park it at inlaws place to sell. Was gonna wire him money as above. He later emailed me back and accused me of being a scammer. Of which I'm not, never am nor will be. My heartache for a bit and his loss for not wanting my money.

As it turned out, it was a huge blessing in disguise. Farabees Jeep Rental, Moab rang me to say that there was a last minute cancellation on their Rubicon, so we ended renting. Heaps cheaper and was the most convenient option for our unforgettable trip to Jeeping heaven.

Just some points to ponder.

layback40 04-10-2014 12:31 PM

He is going to make a payment into your paypal account. Best you find out the paypal fees associated with such a transaction. If you are happy with that, you could then send him a paypal invoice that he can pay. Once he has paid & its all clear, it can be picked up.

chris0375 04-10-2014 12:50 PM

I would ignore it. Forward it to police. I friend had someone in Malaysia try and buy his old rodeo. There will be a catch where you have to pay a shipping fee or some crap.