AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   WK WK2 Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=284)
-   -   Fuel pump recall done! (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=162139)

BeagleCamper 23-04-2024 10:38 AM

Fuel pump recall done!

Pleasant surprise from the dealership this week - '21 S-Limited diesel had (leaking) rocker cover gaskets replaced under warranty - was detected up at 30,000 km service. No mention made at drop off but on collection advised & given paperwork to show new fuel pump fitted also as part of recall.

LeCheese 23-04-2024 01:44 PM

Just came to here to post that I've seen a couple of reports of it being done / booked in. A bit of a surprise if I'm honest. Can't decide whether I want a dealer touching it though...

drover 23-04-2024 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeagleCamper (Post 1695924)
Pleasant surprise from the dealership this week - '21 S-Limited diesel had (leaking) rocker cover gaskets replaced under warranty - was detected up at 30,000 km service. No mention made at drop off but on collection advised & given paperwork to show new fuel pump fitted also as part of recall.

What fuel pump LP in tank or HP on engine ?????

vijith555 24-04-2024 11:06 AM

Wow that is actually nice to hear and glad they did it for you with no hassle. Just like Drover asked I am wondering if this is something that my 2018 diesel might need or not? When I check the VIN on different recall sites it says there is none pending so far.

drover 26-04-2024 01:50 PM

See a Faceache post by GDL saying jeep are supposed to have supplies of HP fuel pumps, true or false ????? I think I will wait for someone to report back after they ring a dealer .................... If true I wonder if they will let me get a diesel shop to do it instead of driving a few hundred Kms to find a dealer, actually letting a dealer at it worries me.

genpk 26-04-2024 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drover (Post 1695949)
See a Faceache post by GDL saying jeep are supposed to have supplies of HP fuel pumps, true or false ????? I think I will wait for someone to report back after they ring a dealer .................... If true I wonder if they will let me get a diesel shop to do it instead of driving a few hundred Kms to find a dealer, actually letting a dealer at it worries me.

im in the same situation, my 2015 is running well at the moment so im assuming its up for the hp pump replacement but i always wonder what else they may upset in the process.
We have a local dealer whose spare parts guys are brilliant but when they even recommend work get done at other places you gotta wonder!!

drover 27-04-2024 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by genpk (Post 1695952)
im in the same situation, my 2015 is running well at the moment so im assuming its up for the hp pump replacement but i always wonder what else they may upset in the process.
We have a local dealer whose spare parts guys are brilliant but when they even recommend work get done at other places you gotta wonder!!

Ha, Im actually not even sure where my closest Dealer is, sunshine coast somewhere, so be an hour or so drive ..................

With no fan fare I wonder if the fix might be like the aftermarket jobs where you replace the pump filter screen with a more robust unit ?? ...............