AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   WK WK2 Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=284)
-   -   WK2 diesel oil etc (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136204)

binalong 30-10-2014 11:00 AM

WK2 diesel oil etc

Hi
Newby here, pick up 2014 JGC overlander in 1 week and was wondering what oil and filters to use if avail locally? once the 1500km wear in period is near or up I want drop oil and filter and start fresh - so what is or every else doing? in regards to buying the oil and filters either importing or using "supercraap" repco - auto one etc and if cheaper will supply my own oil and filters
Cheers

binalong 30-10-2014 02:21 PM

Some one must buy oil and filters in Aus - please help
Cheers

fwdjeep 30-10-2014 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by binalong (Post 1500089)
Hi
Newby here, pick up 2014 JGC overlander in 1 week and was wondering what oil and filters to use if avail locally? once the 1500km wear in period is near or up I want drop oil and filter and start fresh - so what is or every else doing? in regards to buying the oil and filters either importing or using "supercraap" repco - auto one etc and if cheaper will supply my own oil and filters
Cheers

You can buy Wesfill
Or ryco filters
Most stick to genuine OME during warrany period
However they are very expensive between $80.00 to over $100 for an oil filter from jeep

mikey61 30-10-2014 02:54 PM

Hello , the manufacturers spec is 5W30 full synthetic, the only oil that people have recommended on this forum that has the Chrysler approval is Mobil 1.
As for filters I would personally only use the genuine filters but you can buy these online from the states at very reasonable prices.

binalong 30-10-2014 06:04 PM

Gr8 thanks
sooo go mopar oil filters and import you reckon
Cheers

JnK 31-10-2014 09:00 AM

There is only one oil available in Australia that is approved to MS11106 Chrysler spec and that is Mobil 1 ESP Formula 5W30.
I supply this oil to my dealer at service time to ensure our WK2 CRD doesn't get filled with their "one oil fits all".
I also run Wesfil air, cabin and fuel filters (readily and competitively available from http://www.eziautoparts.com.au ) - I get the dealer to fit a genuine oil filter at service.

With many thanks to Jay.mak from over on the Jeepgarage forum, i've extracted info from a post in one of the threads relating to oil over there.

"Engine Oil
Meets ACEA C3 Only
Havoline Fully Synthetic C3 5W-30
Nulon Full Synthetic 5W-30 Diesel Formula Long Life Engine Oil
Penrite Enviro+ 5W-30
Castrol Magnatec Diesel DX 5W-40*
Castrol EDGE 0W-40*
Fuchs Titan GT1 PRO C-3 SAE 5W-30 Premium Synthetic
Shell Helix Ultra ECT 5w-30 Fully Synthetic
Valvoline SynPower MST 5W-30 Synthetic Engine Oil

Meets Both ACEA C3 & Chrysler MS-11106
Mobil 1 ESP Formula 5W-30

Oil Filter
Mopar Part 68109834AA
Ryco R2737P
Wesfil WCO163 (C)

Fuel Filter
Mopar Part 4726067AA (X2 needed)
Wesfil WCF203 (X2 needed)

Air Filter
Mopar Part 04861688AA
Wesfil WA5135

Cabin Air Filter
Mopar Part 68079487AA
Ryco RCA242P
Wesfil WACF0154"

Good luck
John

Doc 31-10-2014 10:31 AM

Do some research on oil filter quality you will be surprised
There is some big differences out there

I personally use Mann hummel for everything if I cant get Mann hummel I use Bosch premium
I buy them from the USA in bulk so always have them in stock the Mann Hummel I bought from Rock-auto 2 years ago where on special 9$ each so I bought a box of 12
That was when the dollar was stronger than the US dollar bought boxes of cabin filters as well with air filters I always get a K&N no need to replace them ever again

As for oil I use mineral 15W40 in my WH buy it in 20 litre drums as the WH takes ten litres oil at a change when I was using the recommended synthetic 5W30 I was using a litre every 2000k,s so at 20,000 service interval it had already had half the oil changed by top-ups since going to mineral does not use a drop already done 50.000 on the mineral my factory trained independent Jeep mechanic says mine is the best one he has seen
OH and one of the side effects of the mineral oil the engine is quieter
I also do a lot of highway k,s if I was doing round town k,s and short trips I probably would go back to a synthetic probably a 10W40
I also live in Queensland where it does not get cold even in winter

I intend to do a million with it being a Mercedes engine shouldn't be all that hard
I have had Merc engines with 750,000 on the clock in the past running perfectly as for the VM motori engines I have no idea only time will tell

I also have a provent fitted and a green diesel tune switching of the EGR its now got 300,000 k,s on the clock motor is stronger than ever am currently waiting for parts for my transfer case it was giving me service 4WD for a year

All the oil manufacturer websites said to use ATF fluid which thanks to this website we now know is wrong using Mobil 444 when its fixed