AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Jeep Chat (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   "I Bough A Jeep" Snobiety? (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126054)

malJohann 17-06-2013 09:29 AM

"I Bough A Jeep" Snobiety?

So, I thought I'd also wave at other Jeep drivers, since I'm now a Jeep owner. Over the weekend I waved at; 1 red KK, 1 black JK, 1 black JKU, 1 white WK2, and 1 kitted burnt orange JK. Only the last guy waved back. The only one I didn't wave at was a TJ in my rear view mirror, because I didn't think he'd see my wave. Was an old guy that promptly chased me down, so he must have thought the same of me! Anyway, I was looking forward to Jeep camaraderie so much and now I'm a bit disappointed, won't stop me waving at all and sunder whether that's a mom in her taxi or a bloke in his rig, but still. Anyone experienced this "I Bough A Jeep" Snobiety? This was in Point Cook, VIC by the way. I was the guy in the silver KK to whomever waved back at me from the orange JK on Point Cook Rd by the way.

BLAKLISTED 17-06-2013 09:52 AM

:rolleyes:

Toff 17-06-2013 09:55 AM

If it's a current model, don't bother waving unless it's kitted out - Just cause someone buys a Jeep doesn't automatically make them a Jeeper.
If it's an older model you'll more likely get a response with more than one finger.
All a bit of fun - but a way to check your "rating"

wes 17-06-2013 10:11 AM

I'm not really up to speed with all the 'station-wagon' style Jeeps so for me they kinda blend in with the other traffic and I often don't notice them till after they have gone past.
The Wranglers stick out like dogs you know whats.

Abraxix 17-06-2013 10:23 AM

yeah in my area - people that own jeeps are mostly retired old people with 200k in the bank to waste. so to me theyre not really considered an enthusiast they just went about bought what was most expensive hopign for the most technology and stuff to help them drive..

i wve to the 3/4 jeeps that are modded in my area but as for the rest - TBH its' not worth the wave! i will wave if i get waved at, but all 4WD's in my area modded all wave jeep or not as we all understand what we each go through to get a rig modded ;) so it's mutual respect there!

layback40 17-06-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malJohann (Post 1390571)
So, I thought I'd also wave at other Jeep drivers, since I'm now a Jeep owner. Over the weekend I waved at; 1 red KK, 1 black JK, 1 black JKU, 1 white WK2, and 1 kitted burnt orange JK. Only the last guy waved back. The only one I didn't wave at was a TJ in my rear view mirror, because I didn't think he'd see my wave. Was an old guy that promptly chased me down, so he must have thought the same of me! Anyway, I was looking forward to Jeep camaraderie so much and now I'm a bit disappointed, won't stop me waving at all and sunder whether that's a mom in her taxi or a bloke in his rig, but still. Anyone experienced this "I Bough A Jeep" Snobiety? This was in Point Cook, VIC by the way. I was the guy in the silver KK to whomever waved back at me from the orange JK on Point Cook Rd by the way.

What you are probably seeing is a melbourne thing more than a jeep thing !
Up here we always wave to any local thats a PITA so they feel compelled to wave back. But thats a country thing!!
I used to live near Pt Cook( Cunninghams rd) 35 years ago, all was friendly then. The locals would be more likely to stop in the middle of the road to have a chat with you than snob you.

Madrax573 17-06-2013 11:11 AM

I wave to all jeeps here in Adelaide.

The people driving the 'new' jeeps just look at you as if you are from another planet. But I've found a surprising number of older jeep model drivers don't wave either.

Makes me almost want to go and get a land rover as I know those are crazy enough to wave all the time :)