AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   air bag light wj jeep (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137026)

bleetnblurt 22-12-2014 04:08 PM

air bag light wj jeep

can anyone tell me which air bag reset reader to use on a 2002 jeep grand Cherokee ?
I just refitted it , and changed the clock spring , but the light still comes on with one chime , with out a reader its like stabbing in the dark , but I need to know what type of reader ? what is the protocol for the grand Cherokee , can anyone tell me what will cover this year ?

bleetnblurt 22-12-2014 07:27 PM

it seems I need a DRB 111 , :O there must be a better way to reset rather than paying out for that ? and there is no way I can get the car to a dealer ,

bleetnblurt 22-12-2014 09:58 PM

anyone hear of launch series ? there are a few models , in which they most say they do jeep and reset all lights (engine and srs so on ) the model is :
Launch CResetter
anyone know if these work ?

55zed 23-12-2014 08:35 PM

Sorry I don't know, I gave up buying scanners that were quoted to "work" on our
WJ/WG CRD's but did not, and bought a DRB3, cost a bit but has paid for itself, there
are new Chinese copies of the drb3 for around $700, I don't know of anyone
that have bought one but that is about the same as a Launch scanner

fester 23-12-2014 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 55zed (Post 1509196)
Sorry I don't know, I gave up buying scanners that were quoted to "work" on our
WJ/WG CRD's but did not, and bought a DRB3, cost a bit but has paid for itself, there
are new Chinese copies of the drb3 for around $700, I don't know of anyone
that have bought one but that is about the same as a Launch scanner

Be careful here too because if you are referring to the Launch scanner that does work on the CRD it is significantly more than $700. They are unlicensed and unsupported copies, the real thing is more like $2k+. That's the Launch Diagun.

The CResetter is a real model of theirs but as it does not work on the CRD I haven't looked at it further either so I don't know if there are cheap copies. I think you will find that even though the petrol is far more OBDII compliant than the diesel any of these really cheap readers will not be a comprehensive diagnostic tool when you want to start digging further than the basic ECU codes.

Something like Autoenginuity I believe works well on the V8 but I thought it was still several hundred.

Doctor W 23-12-2014 10:42 PM

Petrol models should be OK with a GOOD OBDII scantool, but you may need the real DRB3 tool - very pricy!!! and I suspect may be needed for a diesel - although again it may be doable with a good OBDII scantool...you might be lucky.

Note not ALL scantools work on Jeeps - even the good ones, if you can try a few.

Maybe try disconnecting battery and turn on head lights and hold positive and negative leads together to totally wipe the learnt data and then reconnect and let the jeep re-learn all protocols maybe worth trying .....it'll run rough for first few minutes and needs about a 50 klm drive to re-learn basics.

fester 24-12-2014 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doctor W (Post 1509209)
Petrol models should be OK with a GOOD OBDII scantool, but you may need the real DRB3 tool - very pricy!!! and I suspect may be needed for a diesel - although again it may be doable with a good OBDII scantool...you might be lucky.

Note not ALL scantools work on Jeeps - even the good ones, if you can try a few.

Maybe try disconnecting battery and turn on head lights and hold positive and negative leads together to totally wipe the learnt data and then reconnect and let the jeep re-learn all protocols maybe worth trying .....it'll run rough for first few minutes and needs about a 50 klm drive to re-learn basics.

There is NO sub 4 digit scan tool that works on the CRD that any of us have come across. Also the power down lights etc thing does not work on WJ's except maybe the really early ones.