AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   WK WK2 Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=284)
-   -   WK2 Bullbar - When ARB? (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117777)

scarps 04-08-2012 08:45 AM

WK2 Bullbar - When ARB?

WK2 owners, post here if you're waiting on the ARB bullbar or if you couldn't wait any longer and took up the ECB option.

I really want the ARB one, but can only give them til Dec 2012, after which I'll have to reconsider the ECB one.
Main reason is I want the winch option.

fwdjeep 04-08-2012 02:57 PM

Too long to wait
Pity but I will not wait hat long

ClarkeyWKCRD 04-08-2012 11:43 PM

That sucks. Although I am in no great rush, I still prefer ARB over ECB so I guess I'll just have to wait.

scarps 05-08-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timbotrog (Post 1305438)
I went on a trip to the ARB factory 2 weeks ago with MJOC and they said they will start looking at it during the later half of this year.
They also said it wouldn't be available until at least the later half of next year.
I never knew how much work actually goes into the design and manufacturing of these things until the tour.

Thnx for the post and update timbotrog. I guess that seals to deal - no ARB bar for me. I'll have to go back and revisit the ECB unit.

Is anyone aware of any other aftermarket supplier that may have a WK2 bullbar available sooner?

Coupland 05-08-2012 09:16 PM

I too would prefer to get an ARB bar over the ECB. Although that said, hats off to ECB for having something on the market. I a happy to wait a little longer...

timbotrog 06-08-2012 12:13 AM

Scarps, from what the guys said at ARB, they are the ones that do all the development work, then the others copy theirs. Maybe not the external dimensions, but the mounting systems etc are often a direct copy.

The chap that does their design work for all models of Jeep actually likes them very much. He's often seen out and about in their red JK Unlimited.

They other thing they said was there wasn't much of a demand for one, hence the reason for it not being a priority job. People ned to contact them directly and enquire. From whatI have experienced from some of their stores, if it ain't Japanese they ain't interested.

ARB 4X4 Accessories 06-08-2012 01:02 PM

Hi guys, it's great to see that you're interested in ARB protection equipment for your WK2 Grand Cherokees. It's certainly a product line that we're committed to developing and acknowledge that there are many people who require protection equipment for off road and remote area travel in these vehicles.

Unfortunately, with the release of so many new and facelift vehicles recently, coupled with an unprecedented demand for our products in the last 6 months, some development projects have, regrettably, been delayed. With many of the recent releases being either updates to existing vehicles or the expansion of existing product ranges, development for these projects has taken priority of late.

To give you some background, our design engineering department has over 30 full time engineers working to develop a range of ARB products for new and updated vehicles. The engineering and development work required to develop, test, refine and re-test any single product before it's made available to our customers is substantial, particularly with modern vehicle impact systems, stability control (ESC) and CAN bus electrical systems.

We're aware that the current delays are very frustrating for our customers and are subsequently investing millions of dollars in new machinery and facilities in order to increase our development and manufacturing capabilities and reduce future delays.

As soon as we have some concrete development information, I'll be happy to make it available here on the forum. In the mean time, we apologise for the delay in releasing our range of WK2 Grand Cherokee accessories and ask that you remain patient in the knowledge that we're working as hard as we can to bring these products to market.

Cheers, Sam.