AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   Expert Tips (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=275)
-   -   Wrangler JK 2017 problems - cylinder misfire second time occuring (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149992)

hasanito 18-09-2017 09:07 AM

Wrangler JK 2017 problems - cylinder misfire second time occuring

Hi guys
I'll need some suggestions and advice for my troublesome wrangler.

It's a 2 door manual petrol brand new wrangler.
I've purchased her from JohnHughes about 7 months ago.

First problem occurred 2 months after I've purchased it. Engine fault alarm come up as I was just driving to into Perth from Kalgoorlie. JohnHughes service kept her for a week, replaced bunch of parts and said its all good.

About 2 months later I've noticed that the engine is leaking oil. I've took it back to Perth (from Kalgoorlie) for service a month after that and get it checked out. This time they've kept her for 2 days. It seems the seal wasn't in properly and they've assured me it had nothing to do with the last check where they've replaced bunch of parts. I was assured the jeep is in good shape.

Four days later, as I was driving back home to Kal, the same engine fault alarm came up. Multiple times it beeped and blinked but then disappeared. Finally, just as I was driving into Meckering, blinks and beeps were continuos so I stopped and called the Jeep road side assistance.

I won't go into the crap and bullshit I had to go through with the road side assistance. This was on last Sunday arvo, middle of nowhere so I'll give them the benefit of doubt. As it is, I'm waiting JohnHughes service to open and have chat before I leave.

Is this a common problem with Wranglers? Missfiring cylinder can't be a simple issue!! Has anyone else had this problem?
At what point can I claim, the wrangler I've got is a bloody lemon!! And ask for a replacement!

NTRubicon 18-09-2017 06:37 PM

I just had my PCM computer replaced (the weird looking silver thing behind the washer bottle) as it was causing a cylinder misfire and screwing with dash lights etc. (2013 JKUR) they have a few electrical gremlins because they are assembled by people most likely distracted by mobile phones while they work who seem to like overcrimping wires and creating odd issues. Once you get the gremlins sorted they (fingers crossed) run trouble free.

I also had a faulty ignition coil replaced as they claimed it was the coil that stuffed the computer and they needed to replace both. I'm hoping all my gremlins are gone now because I'm over a year out of warranty 😩

rjl3175 26-09-2017 05:28 PM

Must say, Jeep wiring is not particularly good. Hopefully something simple.

hasanito 28-11-2017 06:44 PM

Another misfire (third one) on the day I picked the jeep up from dealership, as I was driving back to Kalgoorlie. Jeep's now been at the dealership almost three weeks (coming to total of about 9 weeks). Just today I found out, the engine head is removed and a new head ordered from US. Estimate arrival about 4 weeks, then installation, testing etc.. possibly another week or two on top of that!

I picked up a brand new Jeep JK from dealership, two months after that first misfire... almost 10 months and two more same misfire faults and a large oil leak later, my brand new wrangler spent all up about 3+ months at the dealership garage. I'm told to wait, potentially another 5+ weeks for it to be returned to me.

I'm not sure what to expect or do at the moment! I loved the car, shame!
Can I even ask for my money back? Hardly any info on the FACCC site on that!
Can I return the car to the dealership? swap with a new one? or now that it's a 10 months old car, would they even swap it with a new car or a second hand used one?