AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   Expert Tips (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=275)
-   -   STEDI light bars, good quality products??? (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148008)

LiM 22-03-2017 01:44 PM

STEDI light bars, good quality products???

Hi guys,

I'm looking to purchase my light bars. I've been to TJM and saw Xray Vision, and I was really impressed. However, it's also very costy. I checked couple of other options, and one of the products draw my eye is a company called STEDI. I checked they are Melbourne based company, and seems like they were manufacturing LED bars (Someone please corrects me if they are not).

However, I still got little bit concern with their lights quality and longevity. As in my case, I don't drive rural road in night time very often, probably once per month or two months; hence I don't really think investing a Xray Vision or Great White would be very benefitial to me.

All in all, I'm very keen on any thoughts given here, especially some STEDI products review.

Thanks

Li

Xombie 16-04-2017 05:40 PM

I have 2 Stedi light bars. One on my car one on my partners car.
The light bars themselves work well and have put up with being on 2 vehicles that are leaf sprung and used off-road very hard.
We have only had them for about 6 months but so far so good.
I had and issue with the mounting hardware on both of the light bars though.
So I suggest you source your own nuts and bolts to mount them. Other then that I'm happy and would use them again.

mick666 16-04-2017 05:57 PM

I have got 2 Stedis on the front and one on the back of my JK.. I bought the first one when he was in dandenong for my TJ 3 years ago. No dramas with any of them. As he will tel you himself, the supplied wiring is not great...
I am heading down to get another 2X 13 inch floods for the back next week.
Great guy to deal with.

Cheers, Mick

timbotrog 16-04-2017 06:20 PM

Have a chat with Greg @ beyond 4x4 about the Ignite LED products.

Designed in Australia to suit RHD vehicles with a 5 year warranty.

I'm lucky with my job as I get to test several different LED headlights, JW Speaker, Trucklight, LED Autolamps etc and I've settled on the Ignite products.
Fantastic beam cut off, very well made and deutsch connectors for a good, solid waterproof circuit.

I'm now running a pair of 9" spots for long range, a 600mm bar for flood and a pair of 40w floods on the "A" pillars for extra wide off road.

Cookie George 26-04-2017 10:30 PM

I also wanna get some led light bars suggestions here, cause my uncle's keen on getting some light bars.I just searched 330W led light bar on ebay, http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/336W-CREE...J7r&rmvSB=true
finally found this out, anyone ever bought from this.
wanna get some good quality but also decent price light bar.
Stedi seems to be a good choice, do I have to pay atttention to 4D or 5D.
Cheers mate

NTRubicon 27-04-2017 01:03 AM

I have a stedi 26" bar on my jkur, seems fine for my tastes, good spread, not awesome for distance. It was worth the bottle of rum it cost me to purchase second hand

Not for highway use 10-09-2017 06:38 PM

Got one on my 40 series and one on an 80 series. Both work pretty well but i've had better. In saying that value for money they are hard to beat.
Best light I have are the round 4wd superstore 9 inch round LED lights. Night into day!! I got them on one of their deals For $170 or so delivered.
Hope this helps.