AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   JK Wrangler Australia (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   RIPP Super Chargers (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97461)

HGR 10-07-2010 11:16 AM

RIPP Super Chargers

Has anyone installed a RIPP Super Charger on their JK 2009 - 2010 Rubicon V6 3.6LTR

I am looking at installing one & would like some feed back on the power & torque curves + reliability

Any feed back would be greatly appreciated

Kind Regards

HGR

JasperJ 10-07-2010 12:54 PM

These ar not readily compatible with the RHD as it sits where out brake booster is. On LHD JKs this is where the battery is.

And isn't the petrol engine 3.8 L?

HGR 10-07-2010 01:41 PM

RIPP Super Chargers

Thanks for the reply Jasper J

I have emailed RIPP in the states & currently waiting on a reply

Yes I meant 3.8 (typo) whoops

MightyMouse 12-07-2010 09:08 AM

I wish you luck...... several sets of emails didn't generate anything more than a one work reply "NO".

Still you may have more luck - or stike an less disinterested "sales" person

MightyMouse 12-07-2010 01:16 PM

Couldn't find a refernce on their site.....

jklad 12-07-2010 01:30 PM

I actually asked them via PM on the US forum they're a sponsor of whether their supercharger would fit a RHD JK, & the reply they gave me was that a RHD unit was in development & would be available from August.

OK, found the message:

Re: Suitable for RHD?
Originally Posted by JKlad
Just wondering if your supercharger will fit a RHD JK (or is there a conversion kit)? By the looks of it, it takes up a bit of space where the Brake master cylinder unit goes on the RHD. Thanks!

We have a kit coming out for RHD, its our GEn 2 kit - its set to launch in August. Please provide your contact info and we will contact you with its availability.

RIPPTECH

swordfish 12-07-2010 07:04 PM

Be cautious with this stuff. I have read the US forums extensively looking for extra performance and apparently the 3.8 is known for having a pretty weak bottom end...that said "pretty weak" may still allow a fair old performance increase :)

Have you regeared? I am stoked with how much of a difference 4.11 diff gears has made to my acceleration and general drivability. If you're not chasing 10 second quarters regearing may give you what you want. The 3.8 6sp JK is a dog from the factory but regearing really improves things.