AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   Water leak front passenger side (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137626)

bbbflash 28-01-2015 11:23 AM

Water leak front passenger side

Hi guys, I am just wondering if anyone has had any trouble with water leaking in the front passenger side door or window in their WJ. We have had an ton of rain these last couple of days and I found the floor soaked with standing water above and below the carpet. I am wondering if anyone has any advice on where to look. Anyone done any water crossing and had water come in at specific places? Thanks in advance!

vk2jdh 28-01-2015 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbbflash (Post 1515746)
Hi guys, I am just wondering if anyone has had any trouble with water leaking in the front passenger side door or window in their WJ. We have had an ton of rain these last couple of days and I found the floor soaked with standing water above and below the carpet. I am wondering if anyone has any advice on where to look. Anyone done any water crossing and had water come in at specific places? Thanks in advance!

Are you sure it's not from a blocked Air Con drain hose behind the glove box, rather that a leak.

JarrardB 28-01-2015 02:38 PM

^^^ Blocked Air con drain hose....usual culprit

Tyvokka 28-01-2015 03:56 PM

Common problem. Many discussions on the topic

drover 28-01-2015 05:54 PM

If not AC then power cable grommet in firewall or the door power cable grommet is leaking. old style checking is to lift carpet and look for snail trails in dust, or throw a heap of talc powder around then hit the outside with a gurney with someone inside looking for tell tales.

bbbflash 29-01-2015 06:48 AM

I will have a look at the ac, but I will rule that out as we still have the ac leak when we park it and we also drove from melbs to Coffs over the holidays and I would hope I would notice that much water at my feet. It soaked strait through the foam, carpet and foot liner so there is considerable amount of water. I like the baby powder idea and will try that to see where it comes in. As I said, we got close to 100 mm of rain over the weekend so I would say it's the rain.

mek67j 29-01-2015 07:56 AM

Its the aircon drain tube. The grommet wears and when you are driving the air pressure against the drain forces the water past the grommet into the car or it just drips into the car when its stationary. Yes lots of rain but also a heap of humidity hence the water. Extend the drain hose with a piece of rubber hose and your problem will be gone. From memory its a 3/8 in piece of pipe.