AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   air bag light wj jeep (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137026)

bleetnblurt 24-12-2014 06:48 AM

I don't really understand why the heck the DRB3 would still be so dear to buy , the car is a 4.7L fuel driven (not a diesel) I know the launch Creader will read , but its not the one to reset I think , there is a trick to clear codes , I remember yonks ago a fellow showed me how to clear the ABS brake by just one wire , (cant remember the dam wire though) if I was back in brassy I could just ask the auto lec that the cars use to go to in geebung , (he was good) but I can not now I don't even know if he still there. DRB111 is not the network , it is a tool , what would help is knowing the network it uses , for the engine ISO system comes up , (I bought a scanner that reads several networks) and cost me $33 I have bought a scan tool (another one) that says it also does CAN , but CAN is on later models and not sure if it will read the air bag system , (im in hope that it can downgrade) but as always ..... MAIL . DRB111 are good BUT if you knock them , bump them, don't have the right cable , or software, too hot or too cold , there useless like walking on egg shells.
OBD 11 is the connector , not the protocol , to get to the air bag module will need a connector that will connect the correct pins for it , and the right network software , all I need is to reset it , to clear the code , not to flash it , or change its commands .
if it comes down to the boil , ill rewire the whole thing again remove the sensors and place in the 2000 one , the 2000 does not use front sensors , or side sensors , but the problem is knowing the order of the pins , AND bugger me tracing all of the wires is a real task to do . (the 2000 doesn't use belt restraint in passenger side )
if the 2000 had decent wiring I would of just used it and replaced the sentry and ecm and power train modules , (and fob module) but no no , but its older and seen more wear , better off to redo all while I was there , weld up the thing in the sub frame , clean , inspect and make sure , this is the only thing that is stopping me , and I refuse to just lay down and buy a scan tool that is more of a pain than a helping hand.

mek67j 24-12-2014 07:42 AM

Did you centre the clockspring ?

bleetnblurt 24-12-2014 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mek67j (Post 1509238)
Did you centre the clockspring ?

yes of course , they have a tab in them so it doesn't move , and when installed you pull tab out, after the wheel stuck on and bearing buggered in old shaft I counted 2 1/2 turns to left , counted back and set it at that ,
its the air bag module now , without a reader/reset the light is going to stay and bug me , the scanner I bought has not shown , (yay postie) so I am really thinking of tracing the wires and place in the older air bag module , :(

bleetnblurt 24-12-2014 10:14 AM

right , so now I hate the posting system , and the CEO has really let Australia down , I have traced the wires on one simple , now comes doing the next (groan ) harder as wiring in place , this will take a little time. :(

Sockeye 24-12-2014 12:29 PM

air bag light wj jeep

I got the tool from states that reads all Chrysler codes including Srs and abs.
There is an option to reset airbag codes, however, bag codes checked and reset each time you start the jeep. So if you got the light still on - something is triggering it and simply resetting the light ain't going to work.

OTC 9450 OBD-II Scan Tool, ABS and SRS Code Reader

bleetnblurt 24-12-2014 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sockeye (Post 1509272)
I got the tool from states that reads all Chrysler codes including Srs and abs.
There is an option to reset airbag codes, however, bag codes checked and reset each time you start the jeep. So if you got the light still on - something is triggering it and simply resetting the light ain't going to work.

OTC 9450 OBD-II Scan Tool, ABS and SRS Code Reader

that is why I am now going to use the older style of air bag module ,
but the problem is tracing the bloody wires , there is a big diff from a eight wire module to a 26 odd wire one , what I need is maybe someone has a air bag module wiring diagram so I don't have to pull the dam thing apart again and trace the wires ! the new airbag drivers has two connectors (must be a twin deploy ?) , the other only has one , so there are four. each sensor has three , four for the seatbelts four for the side bags , and I don't have the color code for this model (I hate it when I order a cd manual and it only does one type) if anyone has this could I please have a copy ?

bleetnblurt 24-12-2014 03:00 PM

seven wires worked 20 to go :(
sorry its only two wires to the sensors , once I find the ones I need the other will be chopped and shielded.