AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   KJ Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   It's about that time..... (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153879)

a-frame81 18-09-2018 12:46 PM

It's about that time.....

So after owning my KJ for 5 years, it will be leaving on Friday after finding a replacement.

I'll be picking up a 2014 Holden Captiva 7 AWD as it will meet most of my family's needs and for when I want to go 4WDing properly, my BIL has a decked out 76 series Cruiser he's happy for me to borrow.

I've loved my KJ, and the price I was given for trade-in was essentially a slap in the face to all the money we've spent on it, but I think it's the right call in the long run. I'll miss the advice from everyone, but hopefully will find an equally supportive group for Captiva's somewhere.

I still have the EFS lifted coils from the rear of my KJ as the 120 series Prado ones are staying in for the trade. If anyone wants them, they're yours for postage.

Thank to all who have helped me with advice over the years.
Andrew

jaffazoom 18-09-2018 04:50 PM

Good luck with the new one.
Hope you get some trouble free motoring for a while.
Doesn't matter what you trade you won't generally get a good deal.

cmohr 09-10-2018 07:29 AM

Hey matey, good luck with the new vehicle, sorry, been busy with family stuff of recent.

all the best

cmohr

a-frame81 09-10-2018 12:00 PM

Thanks Cmohr, your help and advice was always appreciated. SO far I've done about 700km in the Captiva with no engine codes thrown. That's about double what I was getting from the KJ so it seems like a good decision. I still get a bit down wishing I had the KJ parked in the driveway instead though.

layback40 05-11-2018 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a-frame81 (Post 1639796)
So after owning my KJ for 5 years, it will be leaving on Friday after finding a replacement.

I still have the EFS lifted coils from the rear of my KJ as the 120 series Prado ones are staying in for the trade. If anyone wants them, they're yours for postage.

Thank to all who have helped me with advice over the years.
Andrew

The coils arrived today,
a-frame81 aka Andrew did a great job of packaging them up & sending them.
He will be a loss to AJOR with his KJ gone.
One of the good guys

a-frame81 06-11-2018 07:28 AM

Thanks layback,

I thoroughly enjoyed being a part of the forum and will still check in from time to time (I'm still a Jeeper at heart). Who knows? If the Wagoneer gets up in Australia again I may be back in a little while.

Methamon 06-11-2018 01:41 PM

Good Luck think I will have my KJ forever