AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   WK WK2 Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=284)
-   -   WK2 rear tyre carrier (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132747)

YankeeDave 26-04-2014 05:10 PM

WK2 rear tyre carrier

Uneek 4x4 is still in concept phases for this tyre carrier and we are a bit divided on which want to go with it.

So please respond to the poll only if you drive a WK2 or planning on buying one.

It would be great for wrangler drivers to not vote as you will all no doubt vote one way,

I'm asking for only Grand Cherokee drivers to vote

Option 1 would be the cheapest and involve cutting a hole in the existing bumper
Option 2 is the most expensive and would replace the existing lower bumper sections
Option 3 would be mid range in price, not replace the bumper but have a protection tube over the outside and incorporate a tyre carrier

darthgus 26-04-2014 07:58 PM

Would all three possibly have options for a jerry can or 2?

yoda42 26-04-2014 08:26 PM

WK2 rear tyre carrier

I'd vote option 2 so it gives the GC some extra protection, option 3 second option.
Keep up the good work Dave

2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo, Uneek4x4 bullbar, Murchison Products Suspension Lift

LeCheese 26-04-2014 10:23 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't option 2 allow for a greater departure angle than option 3 (which would be the same as or worse than stock)?

Numb Thumbs 27-04-2014 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthgus (Post 1463891)
Would all three possibly have options for a jerry can or 2?

Carrying fuel on the back of a vehicle is illegal in most if not all states, isn't it? Water is okay.

I think option 2 as it would potentially be the strongest, and probably the best looking - SWMBO...

It must also work with the tow hitch receiver and allow for trailer electrics - 7 or 12 pin plug plus Anderson plug.

Cheers
Numb Thumbs ;)

Wanderer 27-04-2014 11:07 AM

Try Formula Offroad Sydney...They make a rear wheel carrier that mounts on the tow bar rails up and under the bumper...Their Web site doesn't specifically say Jeep but they do make one and several contacts and a mate who have them on their WH. By the looks of it. it wouldn't be too hard to alter to fit the WK2 if not a direct fit. Formula Offroad may already done so....As far as I know diesel is ok to carry on the rear bar.....Petrol not so.

Numb Thumbs 27-04-2014 11:16 AM

The Formula Offroad one would completely cover the reversing camera. That would be a killer for me.

Cheers
Numb Thumbs ;)