AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   WK WK2 Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=284)
-   -   New Jeep Owner -2011 WK2 (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103333)

Marlin 14-02-2011 11:33 AM

Good stuff :)

I'm 95% sure I'll be getting a new one too.

I'm uncertain whther to opt for another 5.7, or await the new diesel. The Hemi is proven, the diesel, hmmm, it's not.

I tow a car trailer quite a lot, so the V6 petrol isn't for me.

The hemi has been awesome, is quick, sounds fantastic, is a 'sportier" drive than a diesel, but likes a drink. Highway it's fine, but around town very short trips like I do, not so flash.

The value for money aquation with the new model is outstanding, particularly Laredo, though I'm keen on an Overland, a spec we've not had here, and is absolutely loaded with kit, although as you can see with the price structure, is a BIG ask (though, not really in comparison with the "old" model)

Laredo $45k
Limited $55k
Overland $70k

What No Jeep 15-02-2011 02:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by briteway (Post 1165549)
That's the only complaint I have.

Touring highways = 400-450km per tank (around 17L/100km)
Touring bush and/or city driving = 300-350km per tank (around 23L/100km)

I know the figures look steep. It should be around 15L/100km and 18L/100km respectively.

I have to do a major service and tune (new spark plugs, etc.) and see what happens after. If the fuel economy doesn't improve much, then I'll have to investigate and see if the MDS works properly or if any "sensor" is playing up (O2, CKP, IAT & MAP). All of these can affect the fuel economy and I don't think that my mechanic ever suggested or replaced these.

Wow, :0= I guess you've never seen this then.

briteway 15-02-2011 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by What No Jeep (Post 1166001)
Wow, :0= I guess you've never seen this then.

Mate, I nearly fell of me feet seeing that :eek: and thought 'how the heck can he get so much out of his HEMI?' :D

Then I realised and saw that you have a CRD. Whew! For a moment I thought I was really getting done by these mechanics (probably still am, hahaha).

Ballypinball 15-02-2011 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kfc (Post 1164227)
Hi All,

Just put an order in on the new 2011 Grand Cherokee (WK2 as they call it in the US)

Limited V6

Options:

Quadra-Lift
Mopar Skid Plates
Mopar Side Steps

I am an ex 80s landcrusier owner and look forward to taking this offroad as well as enjoying the drive around the city, which was always a chore in the 80..

I was disapointed the quad drive 2 was only on the v8 model as I wanted that option, so will have to see how it affects it offroad and see what options they are.

I have the stock 20" rims but will be getting some 17" or 18" to equip for the offroad adventure.

any advice assistance would be great :) Should pick it up in 2 weeks.

kFc

you will be lucky to pickup in 2 weeks

as jeep are not importing cars with off road adventure kit unless ordered, so 4-6 weeks on an ordered car

kfc 15-02-2011 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ballypinball (Post 1166163)
you will be lucky to pickup in 2 weeks

as jeep are not importing cars with off road adventure kit unless ordered, so 4-6 weeks on an ordered car

Its already arrived, got a call from the dealer today :) Just waiting on my lease to be processed.

I cant get off-road adventure with a v6, so I have ordered the skid-plates and mopar side steps as accessories and that will come in shortly.

Marlin 16-02-2011 07:50 AM

I saw my dealer yesterday, and crawled over a couple he had in the lot.

I'm dissappointed that Overland's won't be available until at least mid year.

Also suprised you can't get Off-Road pack with a Laredo. If you're going to beat on one, most would chose a Laredo wouldn't they?

sege 16-02-2011 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlin (Post 1166269)
I saw my dealer yesterday, and crawled over a couple he had in the lot.

I'm dissappointed that Overland's won't be available until at least mid year.

Also suprised you can't get Off-Road pack with a Laredo. If you're going to beat on one, most would chose a Laredo wouldn't they?

You've gotta love the marketing gurus and accountants ......