AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   KJ Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Servicing the 3.7 (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110266)

Jeep'ers 01-11-2011 06:23 AM

Servicing the 3.7

Man this was an absolute mission of a job to do a major service! The jobs I anticipated to be easy ended up being the hardest. But finally it is done, air filter, oil and filter, transmission fluid and filter, transfer case fluid, diff oils front and back with the traclock additive, water pump and coolant flush, belt and idler pulleys and iridium spark plugs. Getting it flashed and pressure tested today but had a drive around and it seems so much better!

Would anyone like a write up and pics of how I did my service?:hammer:

cmohr 01-11-2011 10:10 AM

Thats quite a job, Jeep'ers, glad it went somewhat smoothly.

I'm sure a few lads would like to know the hows and whats with servicing.

BundyJeep65 01-11-2011 05:00 PM

absolutely. Tossing up whether to service mine myself or get ultra tune to do it. $300 for a 72K service... Not too bad. Was this the 100-odd-thousand km service you did?

Jeep'ers 01-11-2011 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BundyJeep65 (Post 1233202)
absolutely. Tossing up whether to service mine myself or get ultra tune to do it. $300 for a 72K service... Not too bad. Was this the 100-odd-thousand km service you did?

Yeah mate, this was the biggest the ol girl has ever seen I thinks, although I didnt take too many photos during the process I'll take some of all the tools I got and all the parts I got and all the old parts I have from the job. I'll also take photo's of the differant areas I worked on and explain what I did through it all.

All in all if I really think about it, it was more annoying and trying my nerves ( There were a few swear words my neighbours kids have now learned to say:rolleyes:)

I'll do the write up Thursday night when I get back from ACT

glend 01-11-2011 05:48 PM

Write it up and include the photos, and we'll make it a Sticky. Anything that adds to the body of knowledge stored here on AJOR is good content. It will also show others how easy it is to do your own servicing if you just get stuck in and have abit of info or experience to guide you.

Jeep'ers 01-11-2011 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glend (Post 1233228)
Write it up and include the photos, and we'll make it a Sticky. Anything that adds to the body of knowledge stored here on AJOR is good content. It will also show others how easy it is to do your own servicing if you just get stuck in and have abit of info or experience to guide you.

No probs Glend will do!;)

banter 01-11-2011 08:47 PM

Mate looking forward to the write-up! Will be very helpful..