AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   WK WK2 Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=284)
-   -   WK2 - Front recovery hooks ? (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110611)

mhillman 11-11-2011 05:18 PM

WK2 - Front recovery hooks ?

Are there any? Am expecting delivery of my WK2 in December, and I was just looking at a new one at the dealer, and he and I couldn't see any front recovery hook(s). There were two plastic covers which look like they cover attachment points of some kind, but they are possibly only for a nudge bar. Can anyone post a photo of the WK2 front recovery hooks, or perhaps suggestions of suitable aftermarket ones if necessary.

Fletch 12-11-2011 11:13 AM

2012 Grand Cherokee models no longer come with front Tow Hooks.
Apparently to meet Euro Pedestrian Impact Regulations!!!!

Jeep Australia could have had them put in the back of the car and fitted them here prior to delivery but no... that would be the common sense approach.

Ask your dealer for a quote and it will be $900+ for parts plus fitting!
Go to Just For Jeeps .com and they will land them at your door for $273 direct from the US.
We have customers expecting them on their new Grand Cherokee too!
The 2011 has them standard.

zzkazu 12-11-2011 11:19 AM

I think towing and recovery hooks serve different purposes. All the US forum info is based on the towing aspect vs recovery.

mhillman 12-11-2011 08:32 PM

Thanks Fletch - I'm still recovering from the shocks - 1. that they are not factory fitted and, 2. the somewhat inflated price Chrysler charge for parts.

I had a little trouble finding the part on justforjeeps.com, but I eventually found the number on another site. For those listening, it's 82212095 (pair). I have a feeling there's quite a few out there who will need to be ordering them.

sege 12-11-2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch (Post 1236351)
2012 Grand Cherokee models no longer come with front Tow Hooks.
Apparently to meet Euro Pedestrian Impact Regulations!!!!

Jeep Australia could have had them put in the back of the car and fitted them here prior to delivery but no... that would be the common sense approach.

Ask your dealer for a quote and it will be $900+ for parts plus fitting!
Go to Just For Jeeps .com and they will land them at your door for $273 direct from the US.
We have customers expecting them on their new Grand Cherokee too!
The 2011 has them standard.

Do they come in the Off Road Adventure Group option????:confused:

darthgus 13-11-2011 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sege (Post 1236545)
Do they come in the Off Road Adventure Group option????:confused:

I would like to know this too! I assumed they were standard, shitty they have removed a feature...!

Fletch 14-11-2011 10:06 AM

The 2011 model comes with two heavy duty Tow Hooks (thats what they call them in the US) but they are actually recovery hooks.
The 2012 model is fitted with a plastic removable cover over where the hooks would normally be. It could be possible that you can fit aftermarket recovery hooks in the same spot but they would need to be fitted by someone who knows what they are doing and would need to be easily accessable for attaching a shackle or recovery equipment.
They dont come as part of the Off Road Adventure Group either.
The Mopar Hooks are rated for towing 2,494 kg - this is the only hook rating I have ever seen from Jeep for any model.
Never had a problem using genuine hooks on any Jeep in a recovery as long as they are correctly fitted.