AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wheres the best spots to drive? (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Is it possible to escape the CoVid-19 off-grid? (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157394)

eksjay 17-03-2020 04:43 PM

Is it possible to escape the CoVid-19 off-grid?

I had to be the one to ask.

If you had to leave the population centres before a lock down and drive someplace, where would it be?

I figure it has to be somewhere I could cast a line into the water. Food resupply would be the biggest issue. A camp oven, a large bag of flour and some basic ingredients, staples like rice would also go a long way.

Maybe remote WA southern coast or Pilbara coast WA. Maybe the Kimberley. (Later edit: keeping well clear of Indigenous communities and observing isolation zones e.g. APY Lands etc)

Grippy 17-03-2020 05:52 PM

Dunno where, people are going crazy with food hey.
At the shops this arvo, no meat, very little fruit and veg, freezers cleaned out, crazy shit!
Surely it can't be long until people run out of room to put stuff or run out of extra cash to buy all this stuff.

To answer ya question, somewhere on the coast would be ideal, needing fresh water and able to catch fish for food.

Tote 17-03-2020 08:01 PM

Lots of aboriginal communities are closing access due to the virus so that rules out places like Cape York
There probably are spots like Nymagee or anywhere else in remote NSW but you still have the food resupply problem.

Regards,
Tote

layback40 17-03-2020 09:35 PM

You dont need to be a long way from civilization. Just need to avoid people. Plenty of places along the rivers & the high country until it gets too cold. There are a few good places along the Darling that are great during the winter.
If you check you will find that most cases of infection are on the eastern seaboard or other capital cities.

Nanook 18-03-2020 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grippy (Post 1658371)
Surely it can't be long until people run out of room to put stuff or run out of extra cash to buy all this stuff.

Don't bet on it.

These morons are even cleaning out stores of chest freezers to freeze their ill thought out gains.

I'm going away beach fishing this weekend for a few days and having trouble just trying to buy food to take away with me. I'm not going to rely on catching my dinner :D

Grippy 18-03-2020 08:01 AM

Haha, I would perish quickly if I had to be the fisherman for our family 😁

I can't believe how crazy people have gone. So, people that have to work, get to the shops and there's nothing bloody left at 6pm. As long as Dan Murphys is well stocked, it'll be alright

Sent from my SM-G973F using Aussie Jeep Offroad mobile app

Joe98 18-03-2020 09:10 AM

Wash your Jeep's steering wheel. Wash your hands thoroughly and don't put your hands near your face.

If you have a hamburger of something use clean cutlery - not your hands!